1994 Ford Tempo Fuel Pump relay location - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2005, 16:41   #1 (permalink)

1994 Ford Tempo Fuel Pump relay location

OK. I am trying to locate this part. I have checked for a black box under the hood by the battery, no go. I have looked behind and above/below the glove box... no go. I have checked under the drivers seat... no go. I have checked underneath the steering column... no go. I have looked in the trunk... no go. I have located a box about 4" X 6" X 1" deep bolted to the drivers side front strut, but see no way of opening, or anyway for the new fuel pump relay to fit. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
nagual is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2005, 16:47   #2 (permalink)
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!

Re: 1994 Ford Tempo Fuel Pump relay location

ive never honstly seen or fixed any fuel problems on a form tempo/topaz but if u absaoutley cant get to sumthing, heres what id do, u might wnana wait for the technical guys solution but , eletricaly test and mark every wire going to that relay and mark em with masking tape, cut and reloacte ur new relay
Cronicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 16:58   #3 (permalink)

The problem is I cannot find the relay.
Old 10-04-2005, 17:02   #4 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

I think the relay you are looking for is part of the computer control module thats the 4x6x1 in block and there ain't a darn thing you can do about it, other than replace the computer.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 17:33   #5 (permalink)

So basically the auto parts store is selling a relay that cannot actually be replaced, because you have to replace the whole block, and not just the fuel pump relay?
Old 10-04-2005, 17:37   #6 (permalink)
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!

o fuk rofl ok see i said i never fixed a fuel problem but i have heared of ppl thinking there fuel pump went out/accoation with the comp like u replace 1 the other goes out, and ive seen it on a 91 eclpise but ya bro u cna open the comp but theres nothing u can do but look at what could be a burnt circuit or a perfect looking comp that either way can be fryed but dam there expensive, next time mount a heat sink on urs and wrap the rest in thermal reflecting tape, and ur tempo geting to hot by the way, ur best bet ids to se about geting a deal on a core trade in " ur old comp' for a discount on another remanfuactured 'new rofl" 1 but other then that go to a junk yard
all the comp is is a million relays keep it cool enuf and it wil never go out " i run 1400 cold crank amps on my tempo and it stil fine" this is why the comp ur on right now has a heat sink on the procesor < so it dotn go out
Old 10-04-2005, 17:46   #7 (permalink)
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!

there is another way but...
u may not like it

see if the fuel pump is in good integrity , ground it better, find out what the max rpm fp fressure or if its constant and make ur fuel pump of a 12v lever changing voltage switch from napa take the ampres to the fuel pump max at red line and lower it by say 2000 rpm so cut maybe 20% of the ampres and make that max for ur shit to run and u control the lower voltages with the lever and conect a onn/off switch and 1 that wil just presurize, about 40$ worf of stuf including wire it be rough and ull gt fuel cuts until u get the hang but ur injectors will make shure u dont just flood everything
Old 10-04-2005, 17:53   #8 (permalink)

Well, okay, maybe you can diagnose the problem. I had previously had the problem of driving down the road, and all of a sudden there is no throttle response, the car revs down and dies. So i think ignition problem, because we tested the coil wire, and it was getting no spark. So I replaced the entire ignition system, including spark plugs, wires, coil, coil wire, and distributor cap. Problem went away for about a month. Went to go to work the other day, and it just died. No rev down or anything. So my uncle tells me to pull the fuel line going into the filter, flip the key over and see if fuel comes out. I do that and no fuel comes out, so he says fuel pump. However, I tried starting it today, and it starts up and runs just fine, so he says try replacing the fuel pump relay. I talked with the guy at the auto parts store, and he says that would be the best route to go as well. So what would your guys' diagnosis be? I have tried figuring out a pattern, such as it will happen when its hot or cold, or been running for a while, or not, and such, but haven't seen any kind of a pattern at all. Seems pretty hit or miss.
Old 10-04-2005, 18:52   #9 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

The electric fuel pump (fuel-injected vehicles) and circuit are an integral part of the EEC-IV system (Electronic Engine Control) and that tells me there is no separate fuel pump relay.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 19:04   #10 (permalink)

So like I stated before. The auto parts store is selling a part that doesn't really exist for that car? I think it is pretty screwed up that they are doing that. Seriously I am looking at the part right now that they said goes on the car. Oh well, tomorrow I am going to check all the wiring to the fuel pump itself, and make sure all the connections are tight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum