1994 Tempo RELAY or FUEL PROBLEMS????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2004, 20:15   #1 (permalink)

frown 1994 Tempo RELAY or FUEL PROBLEMS?????

I have a 1994 Tempo with the 2.3L 4cyl engine and a 5 speed tranny. When i drive it it works fine for about 5 mins then it starts to "buck" and get REAL LAZY. By BUCKING I mean its like pulling away in 1st gear and not giving it enough gas. If i BARELY touch the gas pedal it's fine, when I give it more gas is when it does this. I have put in a new fuel pump and fuel filter but nothing changed. It has new plugs/wires. I have been told ALOT of different things by people and thought I would ask people who OWN these cars. I hope someone can help as I have run out of thoughts on what it could be. Thanks in advance.
haileybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2004, 13:39   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1994 Tempo RELAY or FUEL PROBLEMS?????

Are you guys telling me that NO-ONE has had this problem and nobody knows how to fix this? I thought these members here were FORD people?
haileybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 12:17   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haileybutt
Are you guys telling me that NO-ONE has had this problem and nobody knows how to fix this? I thought these members here were FORD people?
well the problem could be that the spark plugs aren't tight enough and that usually causes it to stumble and stutter like yours is doing or you need to get new fuel injectors and if those aren't the problem then i would suggest getting new hose for vaccum lines
daddy50841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 20:29   #4 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

I think you might want to check your fuelpump relay. I had a similar problem with my F-150. I don't know where its located on the Temp/Topaz cars, even though I have a 93 Topaz. It would be cheaper to replace it if you can than go and replace fuel injectors. Also try some good fuel injector cleaner or have them cleaned at a garage, but they rarely give any problems. I have had new spark plugs too that sometimes were no good from the beginning and had to replace them a 2nd time. Took them back to where I bought them and got them to give me another set. So you could have a couple of bad ones.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 19:21   #5 (permalink)
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!

i won a 93 tempo 213k miles runs betetr than stock with many mods, ive had this problem way to much bro theres 2 thing i did that caned that completly, 1 replace the fuel line between the fuel filter and fuel rail and manualy adjust so to speak the air intake to allow more air in to the box kuz if u look at it bro in the corner behind the light the inlet is so tiny and pathetic its rediclous cut sum off or make it suk more air
Cronicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 19:22   #6 (permalink)
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!

i own i mean
Cronicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum