93 Ford Tempo radio - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2004, 08:09   #1 (permalink)

93 Ford Tempo radio

Pulled the old one out, and I have a cd player that my wife wants to put in. However, I can't find a wiring diagram. I have no idea what ghoes to what. I think I've traced the speaker wires down, as well as the power lead, but I would hate to spend all weekend on it and be wrong. Anybody got a diagram?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2004, 13:34   #2 (permalink)

Re: 93 Ford Tempo radio

Ok. I got it. Here is the color code for a 93 Ford Tempo 4 door 4 cyl automatic. The first color is the wire color, the second color is the stripe.

First plug:
Battery / Memory Green/Yellow
Ignition/Accesory Yellow/Black
Ground Black/Green
Illumination Blue/Red (The illumination on the stock radio is a seperate wire)
The orange/black wire on this plug is a ground wire, also. But the Black/Green was larger.

Second plug:
Left Front + Orange/Green
Left Front - Blue/White
Left Rear + Pink/Green
Left Rear - Pink/Blue
Right Front + White/Green
Right Front - Green/Orange
Right Rear + Pink/Blue
Right Rear - Black/Pink
Old 07-11-2004, 17:18   #3 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

SOrry we could not get to you sooner. I just got in and have the diagrams here. :\
Old 07-26-2004, 23:43   #4 (permalink)

RR+ and LR- are both pink/blue?
Old 02-13-2006, 18:27   #5 (permalink)
Unregistered

confused Re: 93 Ford Tempo radio

If you could still post your diagram Lunatic, that would be great. I got a 93 Ford Tempo now and noticed a couple errors up top. I could trace it out with a meter and taking the front and rear speakers off, but want to try and save time lol.

Old 02-14-2006, 14:48   #6 (permalink)

Exclamation Re: 93 Ford Tempo radio

93 Ford Tempo radio correct Wiring from Service Manual
93 Ford Tempo
The first color is the wire color, the second color is the stripe.

First plug:
Battery / Memory - Light Green/Yellow
Ignition/Accesory - Yellow/Black
Ground - Black/Green
Illumination - Light Blue/Red (Connected to the Dimmer portion of the switch so radio lights will dim with switch)
Orange/Black
The orange/black wire is described below:
Panel dimming is controlled by the instrument panel dimming switch. A variable voltage is applied through the 19 (LB/R) wire to control the brightness of the panel lamps.
The display's brightness is controlled by the Main Light Switch. When the park lamps are turned on, battery voltage is applied to the Radio through the 484 (O/BK) wire, and the display dims. When the park lamps are turned off, voltage is no longer applied to the Radio, and the display brightens.

(Light Blue/Red and Orange/Black both have variable outputs so you could use either one, however, the Light Blue/Red is the designated wire so you could just tape off the Orange/Black)

Note that you may not use the Orange/Black wire for your aftermarket radio.
Second plug:
Left Front + Orange/Light Green
Left Front - Light Blue/White
Left Rear + Pink/Light Green
Left Rear - Tan/Yellow
Right Front + White/Light Green
Right Front - Dark Green/Orange
Right Rear + Pink/Light Blue
Right Rear - Brown/Pink
Old 02-17-2006, 01:37   #7 (permalink)

Honstally, if the original harness was intact, why not just spend the extra $5 for a harness adaptor. I've done that in every car I've installed a stereo in. Generally the harness wires were the same color as the wires from the radio and both came with a guide to tell you how to connect it.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but I can do a ford stereo install in about 20 minutes with a harness adaptor. It's like 3 minutes if I make the harness up ahead of time.
1999 Grand Marquis GS (4.6/auto)
Old 02-18-2006, 14:36   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim
Honstally, if the original harness was intact, why not just spend the extra $5 for a harness adaptor. I've done that in every car I've installed a stereo in. Generally the harness wires were the same color as the wires from the radio and both came with a guide to tell you how to connect it.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but I can do a ford stereo install in about 20 minutes with a harness adaptor. It's like 3 minutes if I make the harness up ahead of time.
In some cases the origional harness isn't intact. Someone may have removed the radio and cut the wires. Next time maybe you will think about that beforehand.

>Insert Your Foot In Mouth Here<
Old 02-19-2006, 02:45   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weald
In some cases the origional harness isn't intact. Someone may have removed the radio and cut the wires. Next time maybe you will think about that beforehand.

>Insert Your Foot In Mouth Here<
This post has been edited because the reply is more effort that it's worth.
1999 Grand Marquis GS (4.6/auto)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum