93 Tempo GL, beeping problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2006, 18:28   #1 (permalink)

93 Tempo GL, beeping problems

Hi folks, I'm new here and have a couple troubleshooting questions about my Tempo. I'm not the most mechanically inclined, but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty if I have a little guidance.

Earlier this year I bought a used 93 Tempo from my grandfather. It's in pretty good working order with some minor problems. I'd like to take care of them before they are bigger problems.

Upon starting the car it beeps four times, pauses, and beeps four more times. This repeats for a total of four sets of four beeps. The car has done this ever since he can remember. However, I notice that almost exactly after being on the road for half an hour, the beeping phenomenon occurs again. Fluids and guages all check out okay and I don't know if this is some other warning beep or what.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any insight would be most appreciated.
u6crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2006, 11:23   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: 93 Tempo GL, beeping problems

Could be the parking brake partially on.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 19:11   #3 (permalink)

that sounds like it could also be the seat belt, do both seat belts work?
ghettoo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:57   #4 (permalink)

Both seat belts work and I don't notice anything wrong with the parking brake. Actually, only the passenger belt is automatic and I rarely have a passenger.

It wouldn't seem so strange, except when I started driving the car longer distances, it seems like it happens almost exactly ever thirty minutes.
u6crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum