94 topaz Brake system - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 08:01   #1 (permalink)

Question 94 topaz Brake system

I got a question, I just replaced my front calipers near new I got from the auto wrecks, @ first the old ones were really bad, One side sticking really bad, I would apply the brakes I would get a really bad pull to the right, I got everything put back together & bled the brake system, I think either one of the front rubber brake lines needs replacing, feels like one of the fronts are still grabby after releasing the brake pedle, Any Idea's?

Thanks in advanced.
e40water12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2009, 14:05   #2 (permalink)

Re: 94 topaz Brake system

Replace the steel line and the rubber. I just had to replace mine because the moisture in the brake fluid rusted the steel and a bit of said rust made its way to the banjo bolt and clogged it. My hard lines are now all stainless or Cunifer.

If that isn't the problem, do it anyway, steel lines are cheap enough for the added insurance.
RickyRetardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 20:00   #3 (permalink)

rite on, Thats my plans, thanks for the help.
Old 07-09-2009, 16:36   #4 (permalink)

I highly recommend the Cunifer lines from Fed Hill. They sent me a sample and after playing with it, that's all I order now. The stainless I have is what's left over from a bike I built with hard fuel lines. Cunifer is way easier to flare and bend and I haven't had it kink no matter how tight I bent it. It's not even all that expensive. Just make sure you get the metric tube nuts.
RickyRetardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 20:52   #5 (permalink)

Just little update, I got the brakes lines all done, All I have to say it sure feels 120% better, Those old lines were not good, Also since cheaped out, I got rotors from the wrekers, I am gonna either have to get them resurfaced or replaced, Ihave a bad shimy while braking, at high speeds, Low speeds nothing, All the brakes are set even complete brake job in the rear as well.

Thanks again guy for youre help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum