94 Topaz rear brakes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 14:52   #1 (permalink)

94 Topaz rear brakes

Hi All, I hope one of you more knowledgable people may be able to help me. I have just replaced the rear brake shoes, but now find the auto adjusters are not working. I am not sure when they are supposed to operate, foot brake when reversing? Park brake when reversing? Just normal driving? I don't know but I have tried all the above and nothing. Needless to say all parts are moving freely, nothing seized up. Am I doing something wrong, or just being stupid??
Any ideas much appreciated,
Steve.
steveatvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2008, 12:00   #2 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: 94 Topaz rear brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveatvision View Post
Hi All, I hope one of you more knowledgable people may be able to help me. I have just replaced the rear brake shoes, but now find the auto adjusters are not working. I am not sure when they are supposed to operate, foot brake when reversing? Park brake when reversing? Just normal driving? I don't know but I have tried all the above and nothing. Needless to say all parts are moving freely, nothing seized up. Am I doing something wrong, or just being stupid??
Any ideas much appreciated,
Steve.
Unless you have an actual problem stopping I'd say you fine. You adjust them until there's a slight drag with the wheel installed. They won't self-adjust right away. It is backing up they adjust. Hope you replaced you wheel cylinders when you did the shoes, they sieze up and cause a soft pedal over time.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum