ac recharge help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 16:42   #1 (permalink)

ac recharge help

i have a 94 tempo gl 3.0 v6 im trying to recharge my ac i have 2 ports on my car one by the hood latch and one by the pass strut tower. the recharge hose will not fit on the fitting by the latch, i bought 90 degree hose that fit on the fitting by the strut tower started the car put the ac on high for 5 minutes the can never got cold and didnt feel like and freon went in. witch port should the freon go into?
94tempogl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 08:36   #2 (permalink)

Re: ac recharge help

sounds like you could be in over your head. Send it out.
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 13:52   #3 (permalink)

The hose will only fit on the low pressure side fitting (done as a safety precaution). If the system is low on freon there's a good chance you have a leak that needs to be addressed before adding more freon for the system to leak out. You should pull a vacuum on the system and see if it holds vacuum before adding freon. The reason the system may not be taking the freon may be because the a/c compressor isn't kicking on. A/C systems have a low pressure switch on them that prevents the compressor from turning on if the freon gets too low in the system.
FordMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 16:53   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Also, on the can fitting, you twist in the thumb valve to pierce the can then twist it back out to release the refrigerant.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 15:15   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for removing my post. Maybe i'm wrong and screwed up. I've done that before.
Many times. No offense.
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 16:38   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipset View Post
Thanks for removing my post. Maybe i'm wrong and screwed up. I've done that before.
Many times. No offense.
No I don't think your wrong or screwed up. User asked a question on a "self help" forum and got 3 reply's. That's it.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum