Couple questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2001, 20:32   #1 (permalink)
MountaineerTom

Couple questions

Newbie here.

My wife just got a '93 Tempo GL, 2 door with the 2.3 liter and 3 speed auto. Pretty solid car and in great shape, mainly some minor scratches. Anyway, is there a sticker somewhere that has oall the option codes on it, like GM cars have? I've seen the sticker in the passenger side door with the tire size etc. and another one on the drivers door, but can't remember what's on it off hand. I've had GM vehicles since '91 and I'm used to their option code system, but don't see anything like it on this car.

Any help is appreciated.

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2001, 20:40   #2 (permalink)

I know Ive never seen a sticker on a car that lists codes. What you may want to try is go down to a dealership and ask for a print out of the codes. They may not like you for that, but its worth a shot, right?
Old 10-16-2001, 22:42   #3 (permalink)
MountaineerTom

Thanks, I may try that. The Ford dealership in my area is not one of the most liked establishments. Lots of people have had some type of problem with them at one time or another. I did ask them about recalls and the ran the VIN and said there were non for it, so that was good. I didn't know for sure if the previous owner had had any recall issues.

Thanks again.
Old 10-16-2001, 22:46   #4 (permalink)

Good luck with that..just pester them if they dont want to help you. Always talk to the service mgr. if you cant get anywhere with a service advisor. Let us know how it turns out!
Old 10-30-2001, 20:45   #5 (permalink)
Tempo- Rich and Meaty

I don't think there's a tag for options, but the driver's door tag has some good info. You can decode the tag with the Haynes service manual. I think the stuff on there is mainly paint codes, trans codes, engine codes, etc.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum