Crappy Tempo L - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2005, 13:25   #1 (permalink)

Question Crappy Tempo L

First off my heater core went out some time last year so I changed that. After I changed it the car just won't get as warm as it use to on the inside. So when I turn the fan on all I get is somewhat warm air but if I turn it up a little it just blows colder air. I changed the thermostat, had the water pump changed and flushed the radiator, still nothing. What could be the problem with this??? What can I do to fix this problem myself. Next I drove my car on monday to work and when I got back outside to drive it again the damn thing wouldn't start!! I put some heet in it and fuel system cleaner if that was part of the problem. Almost everything on the fuel delievery system has been changed in the last year or two except the lines, hoses, and injectors. It's been sittting out in the parking lot now for two days and I don't wanna start big. I'm going down the list and getting misses, not to mention I checked the fuel hoses at the fuel filter and there is fuel running threw it so the lines I don't think are froze. What should I do about this problem???
Kevin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2005, 07:57   #2 (permalink)

Re: Crappy Tempo L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1
First off my heater core went out some time last year so I changed that. After I changed it the car just won't get as warm as it use to on the inside. So when I turn the fan on all I get is somewhat warm air but if I turn it up a little it just blows colder air. I changed the thermostat, had the water pump changed and flushed the radiator, still nothing. What could be the problem with this??? What can I do to fix this problem myself. Next I drove my car on monday to work and when I got back outside to drive it again the damn thing wouldn't start!! I put some heet in it and fuel system cleaner if that was part of the problem. Almost everything on the fuel delievery system has been changed in the last year or two except the lines, hoses, and injectors. It's been sittting out in the parking lot now for two days and I don't wanna start big. I'm going down the list and getting misses, not to mention I checked the fuel hoses at the fuel filter and there is fuel running threw it so the lines I don't think are froze. What should I do about this problem???
For the no-start condition, check for spark first.

If you have good spark then I think the book tells you to do a fuel pressure test, altho for that you need a fuel pressure gauge.
paulstamser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 04:30   #3 (permalink)
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!

Re: Crappy Tempo L

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstamser
For the no-start condition, check for spark first.

If you have good spark then I think the book tells you to do a fuel pressure test, altho for that you need a fuel pressure gauge.
for the fuel pull the line of the fuel filter, press against the ouytlet and if u can block the flow 100% ur less than optimal pressure, which should be 30-40psi of gas.

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum