Currant drain 94 topaz 2.3L????.
Due to a burnt out battery and burn out alternator. I replaced the alternator with a new one I found at the auto wreckers. Also got a used battery that works good. Its reading 12.5 Volts. Heres the kicker, I installed the alternator fired the topaz up it ran great. Tested the battery its reading 12.5 volts, While the engine is running alternator is charging 13-13.5 volts. I let the car sit for 2 days. I decided to start the car nothing battery was reading 11.4 volts I am like WTF. Hook the jumper cables up fired up. Then I notice after charging the battery back to 12.5 volts. I notice my aftermarket cd player is lite is on. I figured I left the stereo or dome light on. Nope stereo turns off by the ignition. dome light is switched off. I pull the 15 fuse for the stereo, see what happens the stereo is still lite WTF? this stereo worked perfect pryer. I didnt hack any wires, I bought proper wiring harnesses and all connects are scure. Not sure whats going on. Any Idea's Could it be the stock amp is grounding or shorted? any idea's were that is located?
thanks for any helpful tips.