Horn problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2005, 06:43   #1 (permalink)

Horn problems

I have a '94 ford topaz. Horn doesn't work. Changed the fuse, still no avail. Solution?
davidperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2005, 06:50   #2 (permalink)

cool Re: Horn problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidperson
I have a '94 ford topaz. Horn doesn't work. Changed the fuse, still no avail. Solution?
My horn did never worked. After hitting a deer because I could not honk to scare it I looked into the problem. When taking the cover off the steering wheel, there is a plastic plunger inside a wire spring that makes contact with the metal on the horn when pressed. Mine was broken. This fixed and I have since scared many a deer away when I see them coming near the road. Good luck.
jeririah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 18:51   #3 (permalink)
grm

Re: Horn problems

My horn doesn’t work either, how do you take the cover off the steering wheel? Does it just pull off? Thanks grm
grm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 20:52   #4 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

Check your horn relay and connections.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 15:06   #5 (permalink)
BmK

Hmmmm.... I have had a horn problem for some time. It started one day after smelling hot/burning wires, followed by a small wisp of smoke exiting the steering column. I later read on a consumer site that this problem was not unusual with this car. I have lived without a horn ever since (years).

Maybe I'll have a closer look....
BmK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 09:39   #6 (permalink)
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!

yup mines been gone science 100k and smoke came out 2 but out the back of my dash , so i removed the entire catalisyst and exhaust system and slaped a 3 foot glass pack on the ex manafold so now when sum 1 honks just drop N and rev high 1st n burn it,

btw u guys have no clue soup up ur tempo when i shift into second realy high it peels out for a second at like 60+ mph rofl and in third it barley peels just a lil
Cronicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum