Lynnhaven - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2001, 02:14   #1 (permalink)
HO V6 XR5i

Lynnhaven

My friend asked me to help him pick out a tach for his car so I went with him to the auto store. He didn't tell me, but he took the road where my XR5 was hit. I would have rather not gone back through there, but he didn't tell me, so we went through there in his car. I noticed that the skid marks from where I was hit are still there. They clearly show how I slid sideways, then while skidding, turned 180 facing oncoming traffic, skidmarks kept going where there the XR5 skid backwards, then you can see where the car started then to spin, making 360 degree skidmarks. They lead right up to the curb where you can see where my wheels and tires hit the curb, cuz there are two black blotches apart as far as our wheelbase is. The front left wheel took a piece of the curb out. That would be where one of my GLS wheels has a small dent and some scratches on the outer lip of the rim.

Then a few feet away, you can see where I burned out the XR5, with breaks in the marks from when I shifted, 3 different breaks in the marks, where it burned 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear.......

I really didn't want to see all this......I'm surprised all the marks are still there so clearly too.......like it happened just a few days ago....

1987 GLS - Genesis...
1988 XR5 - Will Always Live...
1993 HO XR5i - 3rd Time's a Charm...

<A HREF="http://www.zianet.com/roteno1981" TARGET="_blank">Guillermo's Garage
GuillermoXR5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2001, 09:51   #2 (permalink)
Topaz Member

Re: Lynnheven

Drove past one of my old crash sites just last week.
Not fun to remember.
Keep the shiney side up, ok?(I didn't that time)
ixlr8pdq!
Big Daddy D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum