Re: New toy
I saw the date of this post so this may be a little late. Anyway, to tell the
truth, there are somethings you want to do first.
Get a Haynes or Chilton car maintenance manual first.
1) OIL/OIL FILTER CHANGE *- no matter what, might be good to use some AUTO-Rx to clean it out
2) CHANGE AIR FILTER *
3) CHECK SPARK PLUGS, IGNITION WIRES, DISTRIBUTOR CAP, ROTOR
4) CHECK THE TRANNY FLUID, if it's a manual then you might be in luck
manuals are tough work horses.
5) CHECK BRAKES/BRAKE FLUID- replace/bleed if necessary
6) CHECK COOLANT, COOLANT HOSES, Maybe flush
7) CHANGE FUEL FILTER *
8) CHECK POWER STEERING FLUID
9) CHECK BELTS, maybe better just to replace and be on safe side
10) CHECK ALL HOSES
11) FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER *- IE: Chevron Techron or Valvoline Synpower Fuel System Cleaner
**- Check to make sure any fluids are not leaking. IE: Oil around valve cover.
*- These things I suggest you CHANGE/USE are probrably only about $50 all
Like I said I know it has been a while but, maybe this might still help you
or someone else.