NOS and TACH - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2001, 21:09   #1 (permalink)
rmac

NOS and TACH

hey. i was browsing JCwhittney and i noticed that they have NOS for sale. Can that be implemented into my 91 tempo with 2.3 HSC. I dont know much about engines or cars just that i like to go fast and look cool :). Also i was thinking about getting a TACH because mine has none. are they hard to hook up, can i do it. do i have to like climb around underneath and like open things up. i just wanna know before i buy it. also about the NOS, will the engine support it and stuff like that. if so it would be worht buying because i know not many tempos have nos and i wanna start dusting them civics at where i race my baby. my uncle did some modifications when he had my car and its fast to start
like i can go 0-60 in about 3.5 secs but then it like levels out around there and climbs slowly to a max of like 105. hit me back with some info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2001, 22:07   #2 (permalink)
olympic

Nitrous could be used on the 2.3l. On a stock engine youd want to stay under ~50hp. You wont find a kit for our cars so you'd have to adapt one from another car. You can install the kit yourself but if your not mechanically inclined, get a speed shop to do it.

A tach is easy to hook up. Usually there are only 3-4 wires. A positve, negative, signal and dimmer(for the back lighting). The signal wire goes to the negative terminal on the coil. Probably the hardest part will be routing the wires cleanly so it looks good.
Old 08-24-2001, 15:08   #3 (permalink)
Tempo- Rich and Meaty

My tach was really easy to put in but I did it half-assed. I shoved the signal wire in through the main hole in the firewall with all of the other wires, put one of the little connecters on the pos wire and just shoved it in where the power window fuse should go ( I don't have power windows), shoved the dimmer wire into the back side of the plug going into the headlight switch(top right wire...it works and dims), and found a screw to ground the neg wire. Unfortunatley my ground wire broke (got snagged) and there aren't many good places to ground under the steering wheel. Don't know which one you were looking at, but I have the Sunpro Supertach II (like 2 inches across) and the signal wire was just barely long enough. Good luck if you get one. It's not hard at all.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum