Really bad day - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2001, 16:53   #1 (permalink)
Tempo GL Member

Really bad day

Today after coming from church, I felt like playing a llittle with DOS and win 3.1 on my computer. My second hard drive is split into two partitions, one for experimenting with new programs and backing up my other hard drive, and the other for storing games and downloads. I installed DOS on the first partition and for some weird reason, it reformatted the WHOLE hard drive. I've played with dos before and it never formatted the whole drive, just the first partition. Now I have lost over 500mb of games, school essays, tempo pics, vacation pics, party pics, backups of most of my floppies, all my computer downloads, music, and maybe worst of all, the two websites I was working on, one of them personal, the other on tempos. Oh well, it'll only take me about three years to get everything back together, LOL.

The moral of the story: If you have a CD burner or backup system, use it! I was going to burn everything onto a disc, just never did. It sucks so bad to loose everything on your computer.

Have a good day,
Paul
MISHNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2001, 00:15   #2 (permalink)
HO V6 XR5i

Dam......Hell yea

I know what you mean. My computer back at home has a plethora of information, pictures and coding for TTHP as well as my website and those I made for others, plus games and TONS of music......so losing it has always worried me. I store everything on 3 seperate CD RW and I update them every so often to be up to date in case of a major crash.......that does suck.......sorry to hear you lost so much........If you need help in building back up some pics on Tempo/Topaz.......we can talk :) Ask Brian.......I have over 600MB of Tempo/Topaz JPEG's :)

1987 GLS - Genesis...
1988 XR5 - Will Always Live...
1993 HO XR5i - 3rd Time's a Charm...

<A HREF="http://www.zianet.com/roteno1981" TARGET="_blank">Guillermo's Garage
GuillermoXR5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum