a superchip, built into my tempo - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2005, 17:14   #1 (permalink)
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!

a superchip, built into my tempo

as u said b4 drag8tim, the car runs on a preset run mode until its warmed and IGNORES the egr.
well upon later invegestation today i found out a few more things and am seeking reashurance.
#1 if i get the car to normal runing temp oils warm everythings been warmed and driven for say 30minuts plus, I leave it in gear, depres clutch, turn key to the off position keeping the throttle exactly where it was, then turn the key back to on position "not start" it comes back quick and with monsterous power, i get the rpm's around 5k, pop the clutch its like a full racing mode ..
watching the oil psi on the gauge it drops from 43-48 down to maybe 25 lowest, and try to keep it high as to keep lubricated when its brought back to life.
it wil stay in this mode until i allow the engine to idle again.
"im gona buy a tac this weekend i got bets against sum ppl saying theres no way i can be shifting 8k+ which i am more then shure i belive it gets to almost 10 and anxious on posting the proof!
it wil ONLY EFFICIENTLY "AND IT CLIMBS FAST!" climb this high when in this "racing mode"
it wil stay in this mode until i allow the engine to idle again.
kinda like how u say if u keep it reved until u hit the highway u wont get the error ther known 2.
is this what a superchip does, and is there any way to rig this mode of a switch?
or maybe disconect all the sensors i duno any ideas?
is there a way to trick the sensors?
if its important this car runs between 160-175F full horsebeat on a aftermarket headtemp gauge. and as it gets colder of course, even colder!

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum