Re: Tempo repair questions
There should be 3 dimple in the door where they lin up with the bolts. Drill 3 3/4" holes there and remove the bolts. Make sure the window is all the way up.
From the Ford manual
1. Locally obtain the following materials:
a. Round flexible cable: 6mm (1/4 inch) diameter by 1.2m (4 feet) long
b. One 6mm (1/4 inch) cable clamp
c. Water pipe: 13mm (1/2 inch) diameter by 50mm (2 inches) long
d. Rubber heater hose: 16mm (5/8 inch) diameter by 152mm (6 inches) long
2. Assemble materials above as shown.
SAFETY GLASSES MUST BE WORN WHEN PERFORMING THIS OPERATION.
3. Install torsion bar by inserting one end into hole provided in luggage compartment deck lid hinge and nest the other end into upper groove of opposite hinge support.
4. Position handmade tool on the end of torsion bar to be loaded.
5. With the help of an assistant place a long flat-blade screwdriver over top of torsion bar to be loaded.
6. With assistant holding screwdriver pull on torsion bar with tool. Guide torsion bar down along rear edge of support into lower groove of hinge support. Lock torsion bar in lowest outboard adjustment notch.
7. Install handmade tool on end of torsion bar (if not already installed). Unlock bar by pulling with tool and work torsion bar up the hinge support to second notch and release. If further adjustment is required, proceed to Step 8.
8. Using a 3/8-inch drive, 1/2-inch deep well socket and 6-inch extension, position socket over end of the torsion bar and lift to unlock bar. Reposition torsion bar up the hinge support to top notch and release.
Can't say about the A/C. Does the compressor click on at all?