I have a few issues with a Tempo that I would like to resolve.
After reading several forums, I believe that I need to replace gears in two of the power window motors and possibly one motor. I was able to get the inside of one of the doors off but I got stuck at getting to the motor. How do I get to the motor?
Second, one of the metal bars that props the trunk up came out of its bracket. I see that there are to bars and they are suppose to be installed opposite of each other. I also see how one end of the bar goes inside the hinge on the trunk. It seems to get the bar back on the bracket, I have to twist the bar but that takes alot of effort. Is there any easier way to this?
Third, the AC is out. What my best coarse of action to get it fixed? Thanks.
There should be 3 dimple in the door where they lin up with the bolts. Drill 3 3/4" holes there and remove the bolts. Make sure the window is all the way up.
From the Ford manual
1. Locally obtain the following materials:
a. Round flexible cable: 6mm (1/4 inch) diameter by 1.2m (4 feet) long
b. One 6mm (1/4 inch) cable clamp
c. Water pipe: 13mm (1/2 inch) diameter by 50mm (2 inches) long
d. Rubber heater hose: 16mm (5/8 inch) diameter by 152mm (6 inches) long
2. Assemble materials above as shown.
SAFETY GLASSES MUST BE WORN WHEN PERFORMING THIS OPERATION.
3. Install torsion bar by inserting one end into hole provided in luggage compartment deck lid hinge and nest the other end into upper groove of opposite hinge support.
4. Position handmade tool on the end of torsion bar to be loaded.
5. With the help of an assistant place a long flat-blade screwdriver over top of torsion bar to be loaded.
6. With assistant holding screwdriver pull on torsion bar with tool. Guide torsion bar down along rear edge of support into lower groove of hinge support. Lock torsion bar in lowest outboard adjustment notch.
7. Install handmade tool on end of torsion bar (if not already installed). Unlock bar by pulling with tool and work torsion bar up the hinge support to second notch and release. If further adjustment is required, proceed to Step 8.
8. Using a 3/8-inch drive, 1/2-inch deep well socket and 6-inch extension, position socket over end of the torsion bar and lift to unlock bar. Reposition torsion bar up the hinge support to top notch and release.
Can't say about the A/C. Does the compressor click on at all?