Wife says Mercury Topaz to go - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2006, 21:53   #1 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

Wife says Mercury Topaz to go

A few months back I relocated the ignition module on a bracket which I bolted to the distributor where the ignition module normally bolts to. This was done to keep the TFI (ignition module) cooler. Well couple weeks ago my wife was about 50 miles from home and had to rescue her.....damn Topaz died on the road again and we ain't even into hot weather yet. We have owned this car for 10 years so guess time to let it go, wife has no more patience and refuses to drive it out of town. So that tells me its not the TFI module failing, unless its got weaker from failing too many times, but its not from getting to hot.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2006, 19:57   #2 (permalink)
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!

Re: Wife says Mercury Topaz to go

dude prevenative mataniace. ive had nmy car science 93 and this thing has never ever ever ever broke down once because of an engine directed problem. always suspension and drivetrain or clutch. look man you shoulkd honstly reloate the tfi module away from the dist more towards the air box and 2 you can completly kill any chance of the module overheating by 300% if you get a msd pickup coil for it. part number msd-8227 avaible at checker autoparts or any other msd dealer cost is about $40.
u get better gas mileage to. u put that on and if it breaks down again because of that ill buy the coil from you. just please dont give up on the car yet check this place out. www.tempotopaz.com they got cars there 300thousand plus miles still runing without problems!
Old 05-05-2006, 23:20   #3 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

Thanks Cronicus, I'd like to keep it, but can't convince the O'lady no matter what I do to it she says. I agree they are a good car overall, but she (the O'lady) really blew her stack last time it stalled, I've been with her for 39 years and she really give me the gears this time. They have a mind of their own you know.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:38   #4 (permalink)
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!

cool Re: Wife says Mercury Topaz to go

then why don tu put the msd coil in it, and you drive it to work and give her your car.
Old 05-14-2006, 23:50   #5 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

We have never had a problem with driving it locally around town. I like my 88 F-150 better anyway and she can't drive it because she doesn't like the standard 4 speed tranny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum