A year ago... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Tempo and Mercury Topaz.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-27-01, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
HO V6 XR5i
mad A year ago...

At this exact time one year ago to the day....some of you guys may remember. I know I will never forget. Glad to at least say that exactly one year later, things are looking very bright. New and better beginnings for many things.

"I revived the Topaz from nothing and while I can't revive it this time, I will keep the XR5 alive."

I haven't forgotten that promise to myself and to the car that got my blood boiling for performance and everything that we offer. Just a small handful of people will really know why that event bothers me so much. Then there are the rest, that just tell me to get over the past and forget about it. What I say to that, and to anyone else interested in this, is to NEVER forget the past. The past were events that led you up to what and where you are now. Do not forget what happened, what drives you to be where you are now, and do not forget the people that helped and motivated you to get where you are. Thanks to all those people (you know who you are) and thanks to my XR5. I will never forget....

Guillermo :flame:

1987 GLS - Genesis...
1988 XR5 - Will Always Live...
1993 HO XR5i - 3rd Time's a Charm...

<A HREF="http://www.zianet.com/roteno1981" TARGET="_blank">Guillermo's Garage
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-27-01, 08:23 PM
Yes I remember that day... it was so sad. I remember chatting with you that night and you were almost crying. This sad day was also the countdown before the end of my Topaz which died few days later...

Look how the things changed after... now we have and we will have faster Tempo/Topaz but I loved my Topaz so much. That V6 will never take the same place as my Topaz had. More performance doesn't mean more fun and freedom.

1993 Ford Tempo GL w/ GLS package
from a 1988 GLS.

My album: http://www.picturetrail.com/marzocchi
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Tempo Forum | Mercury Topaz Forum
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts