Adjusted Points Totals - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2003, 06:03   #1 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

Adjusted Points Totals

Dropping the worst round ...
*edit* ... fine! err table turns up down there for some reason...
<table border=2 bordercolor="black" >
<tr>
<td>Pos(Adjusted)</td><td>Old Pos(All Pts)</td><td>Name </td><td>Adjusted Pts</td><td>Old Pts</td><td>Ford?</td>
</tr><tr>
<td>1</td><td>5</td><td>Craig Lowndes </td><td> 378 </td><td> 456 </td><td> FORD </td>
</tr><tr>
<td> 2 </td><td>1 </td><td>Jason Bright </td><td> 360 </td><td> 531 </td><td></td>
</tr><tr>
<td> 3 </td><td>7 </td><td>Mark Skaife </td><td> 351 </td><td> 435 </td><td></td>
</tr><tr>
<td> 4 </td><td>3 </td><td>Greg Murphy </td><td> 348 </td><td> 483 </td><td></td>
</tr><tr>
<td> 5 </td><td>2 </td><td>Steven Richards</td><td> 336 </td><td> 486 </td><td></td>
</tr><tr>
<td> 5 </td><td>6 </td><td>Garth Tander </td><td> 336 </td><td> 450 </td><td></td>
</tr><tr>
<td> 5 </td><td>13 </td><td>Todd Kelly </td><td> 336 </td><td> 336 </td><td></td>
</tr><tr>
<td> 8 </td><td>4 </td><td>Russel Ingal </td><td> 321 </td><td> 459 </td><td> FORD</td>
</tr><tr>
<td> 9 </td><td>9 </td><td>Marcos Ambrose </td><td> 309 </td><td> 405 </td><td> FORD</td>
</tr><tr>
<td> 10 </td><td>8 </td><td>Paul Weel </td><td> 297 </td><td> 429 </td><td></td>
</tr><tr>
<td> 11 </td><td>12 </td><td>Simion Wills </td><td> 279 </td><td> 345 </td><td></td>
</tr><tr>
<td> 12 </td><td>10 </td><td>Paul Radisich </td><td> 276 </td><td> 384 </td><td> FORD</td>
</tr><tr>
<td> 13 </td><td>11 </td><td>Rick Kelly </td><td> 276 </td><td> 375 </td><td></td>
</tr><tr>
<td> 14 </td><td>14 </td><td>Paul Morris </td><td> 258 </td><td> 315 </td><td></td>
</tr><tr>
<td> 15 </td><td>15 </td><td>Glenn Seton </td><td> 258 </td><td> 300 </td><td> FORD</td>
</tr>
</table>

5 fords in the top 15, and lowdnes the only ford for the top 7, but still alot closer than the unadjusted points totals.

Should get more interesting as the season progresses, some drivers (like ambrose, skaife and lowdnes) can't afford to have a horrible round for the rest of the season, while other drivers (like bright) can.

Advertisement

Old 05-04-2003, 06:25   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

Read

I've got an Excel spreadsheet at:
http://balder.prohosting.com/~mrpoppy/v8series2003.xls
if anyone wants to see all the drivers...
mrpoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 06:41   #3 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

Quote:
Originally posted by mrpoppy
I've got an Excel spreadsheet at:
http://balder.prohosting.com/~mrpoppy/v8series2003.xls
if anyone wants to see all the drivers...
Might want to make the "total" column a formula :p
Old 05-05-2003, 03:02   #4 (permalink)

I have revised the results so far to reflect how things would look using the points systems from 3 other motorsport championships. They are pretty close.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~warrickv/v8.htm
waz_ssls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 04:46   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

Wink

Tried that BHR, but using the SMALL() function doesn't work in instances where there are two rounds with the lowest score. In this case the function drops both of them (and other Excel functions do the same). Please post a formula that can do the job if you're aware of one....
mrpoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 07:12   #6 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

Just use this

Total column
= sum(C2:E2) (adjust after each round I guess) and fill down

edit: for the above +- the penalty cell (depending on which way you write the penalty!)

Total minus worst round
= F2 - min(C2:E2) and fill down

worked when i edited your xls sheet, and took about 2 seconds
Old 05-06-2003, 21:36   #7 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

Or just create a new cell (column) that works out the worst round points. The total formula would then subtract this cell. That way if there are 2 rounds with the same worst points, it will include both in the total and only subtract one.

eg total = sum(c2:$e$2). formula is in position f2
worst round = min(c2:$e$2) formula is in position g2
Adjusted total = f2-g2

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 21:40   #8 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

thats what i did JCV8, without the extra column - the min function won't care if there are two rounds with the same result that are both the same - it returns a value not a cell *shrug*
Old 05-06-2003, 21:46   #9 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

BHR - you are right. The extra column just means that you can see what points value is being ignored - in Bright's case, it's 171, which is more than a lot of drivers' total points!

Obviously that will change throughout the year - either that ot he will win the championship hands down!

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 04:22   #10 (permalink)

mmm interesting lets see how this is half way through the round...
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe