Ambrose Fined - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2004, 16:05   #1 (permalink)

Ambrose Fined

Ambrose moved close to locking up back to back series titles as he extended his points lead by finishing second in the round, but his achievement was overshadowed by a war of words and a $10,000 stewards' fine.

Holden teammates Rick Kelly and round winner Greg Murphy accused Ambrose of endangering Kelly and verbally abusing him after Saturday's opening race.

The bad feeling spilled over into a slanging match between Murphy and Ambrose in today's post-race press conference, with the Holden driver grilling his Ford rival and accusing him of not being truthful over what happened.

Kelly and Murphy claimed Ambrose deliberately slammed on his brakes as they crossed the finish line while Kelly was trailing him, forcing the Holden driver to take evasive action to avoid crashing into Ambrose's Falcon.

The manoeuvre, known as "brake-testing", is considered dangerous and unsportsmanlike in motor racing.

Ambrose today refuted both claims.

But stewards saw it differently, fining Ambrose $10,000 tonight for careless driving over the "brake-testing" incident and opening an inquiry over the abuse claims to be heard prior to the next round in Tasmania next month.

As Ambrose was denying any wrongdoing at the press conference, Murphy began asking him a series of questions about whether he'd slammed on the brakes or not.

A clearly rattled Ambrose accused Murphy of "ranting" and told the assembled media the way the Kiwi driver was behaving was "a joke".

Ambrose did admit to "slowing down" and also to saying something to Kelly in pit lane, though he denied it was abusive.

"I believe that Rick was out of line when he was a lap down, I'm trying to let him pass, and he refused to do so," Ambrose said.

"I was upset with him and I told him I was upset with him. That's all there is to it.

"I braked at approximately half normal pressure."

Murphy said he saw both incidents first-hand and had seen Ambrose hit the brakes hard and also abuse his teammate.

"It makes me angry that he's trying to get out of it – making out he's goody-two-shoes when he's not," Murphy said.

"I heard what was said in pit lane and it wasn't what Marcos said it was, believe me."
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2004, 16:29   #2 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

Re: Ambrose Fined

I can't say I believe that handbag could hear what was being said. Oh well nothing Ambrose can do but stick it to them at the next two rounds.
Old 10-24-2004, 16:39   #3 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

That sux but it goes to show that Kelly managed to rattle Ambrose with his little display of bullshit so I hope Ambrose can get past this and settle down and ignore that sort of crap and win the championship again.
Old 10-24-2004, 17:19   #4 (permalink)

lol fkn murphy and kelly, Dont get to wound up over there behaviour they are just defending each others love. HANDBAGS
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 17:27   #5 (permalink)
Phantom XR6T

Kelly was a real angel this week, spinning Ingal and pissing off Ambrose, at least he made up for it by nailing Holdens main chance to win the Championship in Bright.
Old 10-24-2004, 17:33   #6 (permalink)

After readin the after press reports Murphy acted like a real cock to. Ambrose should have just said look at your team mates weekend Murph. Who u recon was at fault for all the problems he caused?
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 18:21   #7 (permalink)
Idiot User

Fkn oath! Honestly have these asshole gots any brains? I dont think they do! Ambrose had every right to abuse him after the race and Ambrose wouldnt put himself or his title in danger!

AMBROSE BACK II BACK V8 SUPERCAR CHAMPION 03/04
FORD AND SBR 1-2, 2004
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 19:35   #8 (permalink)
Horse-Power Hungry

If Ambrose get a $10k fine for endangering Kelly, What should Kelly get for almost killing Bright?? What a Sook!!
Old 10-24-2004, 19:39   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss 8
If Ambrose get a $10k fine for endangering Kelly, What should Kelly get for almost killing Bright?? What a Sook!!
dunno... never seen anyone pass through that chicane though, in view of kelly's driving over the weekend something should have resulted from it.

perhaps ambrose should have just slowed even more dramatically when going along the back straight, then as kelly is forced to pass punt the bugger off in the chicane aka brighty
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 19:48   #10 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seano14
perhaps ambrose should have just slowed even more dramatically when going along the back straight, then as kelly is forced to pass punt the bugger off in the chicane aka brighty
we don't want ambrose to lower himself to their standard.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe