Ambrose tyre gave way 2 laps from finish - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2002, 21:47   #1 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Ambrose tyre gave way 2 laps from finish

Very dissapointing. Would Ambrose have won the round if he finished first in race 3? Damn it!!!
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2002, 21:51   #2 (permalink)
2nd car....XR6turbo

dissapointing isn't the word for it. We try so hard, he was the most consistent, he didn't push his tyres till extinction, and this is how he is repaid. I am sick to death of this happening, if its not one thing its another. The only highlight this weekend was watching skaife and brights cars expire!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to murphy.

Hopefully we have more front downforce next year so we don't have to run so much negative camber at the bloody front!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2002, 21:52   #3 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Re: Ambrose tyre gave way 2 laps from finish

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
Would Ambrose have won the round if he finished first in race 3?
Yep!
Old 11-09-2002, 21:56   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

plenty of holdens fell foul of tyre troubles.. the track is hard on tyres.. and that spike didn't help either
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 22:02   #5 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally posted by XR6turbo
dissapointing isn't the word for it. We try so hard, he was the most consistent, he didn't push his tyres till extinction, and this is how he is repaid. I am sick to death of this happening, if its not one thing its another. The only highlight this weekend was watching skaife and brights cars expire!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to murphy.

Hopefully we have more front downforce next year so we don't have to run so much negative camber at the bloody front!!!!!!
I'm over it all. I really don't give a sh|t now. If Ford wins that's great, but when they lose I won't lose any sleep over it.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 00:25   #6 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Re: Ambrose tyre gave way 2 laps from finish

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
Very dissapointing. Would Ambrose have won the round if he finished first in race 3? Damn it!!!

That depended on where Bright and Murphy finished but it was looking good for Ambrose.
Old 11-10-2002, 01:39   #7 (permalink)
FF Moderator

frown

Quote:
Originally posted by XR6turbo

Dido...couldn't have said it any better... group hug guys

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 03:50   #8 (permalink)

Guys, do you reckon it may help Ford karma if we change the name of this forum? I mean, we're never going to get anywhere if we call the motorsport forum 'The Pits'

It can't be helping...
touchstone001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 03:56   #9 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by touchstone001
Guys, do you reckon it may help Ford karma if we change the name of this forum? I mean, we're never going to get anywhere if we call the motorsport forum 'The Pits'

It can't be helping...
How about we permanently change the name to the whinge pit? it's all that ever seems to go on in here anyway :oo1:
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 12:25   #10 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Well done Marcos Ambrose and Stone brothers Racing. I was gutted when I saw the tyre blow 2 laps from what would have been a round win and I guess a lot of other Ford fans felt the same. I can't imagine how Marcos and the team felt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe