Ford Forums banner

Any news on HRO decision?

5K views 46 replies 31 participants last post by  Kieron 
#1 ·
So has anyone heard what is happening with HRO racing this weekend?

They'll be hitting the track tomorrow and I still haven't heard any word about the Holden ownership issue yet...

Will they be racing? Will they be punished?

#2 ·
Some decision has been made and they are suppost to be racing at adelaide.

The latest rumour from conrod is that P Brock will take control of HRT and TB, while G Murphy maybe take control of K-Mart. Also rumour that Holden aren't happy with some people in HRT and they will be cleaning house. DON'T take this to be true as it probably ISN'T!

#7 ·
What a bunch of soft cocks TEGA have proved to be.

And where is that hypocritical Farkhead Larry Perkins with his legal challenge to anything?

I hope SBR or DJR or one of the other big Ford teams has the balls to protest their inclusion and back it all the way to court.

Even if they race, they should be excluded from the points!

#8 ·
If they have been given the leeway to race, they should bnot be allowed to gain any championship points especially seeing the amount of points available this weekend.

FFS! I wouldnt have cared if they had just sold it off to some dodgey company that they made, but to still have ownership and have the rules bent for them if all f#$ked up!

#9 ·
“The board has been insistent that the rules must be upheld at all times,” O’Relly said/ Holden and Paul Weel Racing have recently been involved in restructuring.”
What a crock of shit this is...if the rules were being uphels, they wouldnt be racing

There are two sets of rules being breached, the first involves manufacturers being banned from owning a team and the second is with regard to how many cars any one team can run. At present, Holden runs six cars, two more than allowed under the agreement.
So they obviously admit that they are breaching the rules, but still let the game go on

It is understood that Holden motorsport’s Ray Borrett, who inherited the management of the three teams just prior to the Grand Prix meeting, has been working on ways to offload the Team Brock outfit, and then find a new owner for the other two teams.
How many more race meets will the excuse of "we're working on it" work? Long enough for them to abuse the fact that they have been let off for breaking the rules and doing all they can with the opportunity?

#11 ·
Blurter said:
Perhaps Ford were consulted at the corporate level and said let them race. There will be many things going on behind the scenes that we do not (maybe will not) know of.
The problem with that Blurter is that it IS behind the scenes.

In order to stop the cries of blatant Holden partisanship by AVESCO and TEGA, everything to do with this must be done in a completely transparent and upfront matter.

Backroom deals between TEGA and Ford to let Holden race only disgust the Ford fans.

It's only sportsmanship if BOTH sides practice it. Otherwise, it's just Ford being stupid and taking it up the arse one more time!

#12 ·
I was all for them being at Melbourne but now I have to draw the line. 5 of the top 10 practice times are from this 'team' - all sharing data. That's just WRONG !!!!

I guess the officials were afraid of pissing off the 'rent a crowd' Holden fans which might cost them money. What a joke....

#15 ·
XYFalcon said:
Too bad Shane Warne couldn't have had his drug hearing heard by TEGA instead of the ICC, he would have been let off with no penalty and be playing in the final tomorrow night...
LMAO no comment :err: :wiggle: :s6: :s6:

#20 ·
Lets be honest about the whole HRO thing. TEGA are doing the right thing for the category buy allowing HRT to race while the company ownership situation is being sorted. Not having HRT in the championship would killed the point of racing for most Holden & Ford guys..

#22 ·
so,let me getthis straight...
theyre not allowed to own the team ...they do
theyre not allowed to test they do
theyre not allowed to have sixcars they do

fuk it there are no rules...so why doesnt ford just supercharge our cars ....why not? the rules wont be enforced"it wont be the same without us" either

#23 ·
70mach1 said:
Very good point FM. I dont want HRT to be kicked as they will be kicked out from the top, and the FORD teams wouldn't get a chance to beat them. Much more satisfying watching a Ford beat HRT then a team such as Perkins or Valvoline.

I think that should be allowed to race until the ownership is sorted out, but that they should share the pit spot, as cars in a team have to.

If we were generous they could share two spots, but one would fairly represent the team structure.

#24 ·
I think its very unfair that they get to race, If Ford were in the same crisis I bet that TEGA would have said no to them racing!

Holden fans reckon if HRT were out of the series the crowds numbers would be extremely low... I reckon they would be high because you wouldnt have to listen to Skaife's whinging and HRT wouldnt be winning!

#26 ·
How do you ever win a series when:

a) the goal posts keep moving - (Avesco)

b) the rules of the judiciary are not enforced (Tega)

c) Your opponent keeps giving you head high tackles, with the referees blessing, even though it is illegal (HRO / Cockrain)

This makes a mockery of the formula. It is so blatantly biased it is borderline lunacy.The army of red sheep and their shepherds can shove their "sport"........

So are we then to assume that just because you are a leading team, the rules don't apply, whereas if you are a struggling team trying to establish yourselves, you get your arse kicked....

Q . How then does the category grow?

A. It doesn't, and through lack of interest slowly but surely dies....

I know plenty of holden die hards who are bored shitless with the current domination of HRO, and who don't bother to watch it anymore until ford start winning to create anxiety then interest again...thats the whole point.

How can this be achieved with the current administration?

If a team is allowed to breach rules of testing, data sharing, and car numbers, not mention manufacturer ownership, how do opponents who don't overcome this?

How then does a series become competitive?

Rules are rules no matter what the circumstances are of breach.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.