Ford Forums banner

Arrows/Ford

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  The_RAT 
#1 ·
Isn't it a bit ironic that Ford is going to supply engines to the Tom Wilkinshaw run Arrows team when it will be a treat to the Ford owned Jag team.

Not to mention that Tom's HRT is the only threat to Ford winning this years V8 supercar championship.

#2 ·
Stealth00 said:
Isn't it a bit ironic that Ford is going to supply engines to the Tom Wilkinshaw run Arrows team when it will be a treat to the Ford owned Jag team.

Not to mention that Tom's HRT is the only threat to Ford winning this years V8 supercar championship.
Why don't FMC international enter in the F1 and give the red barons of the F1 a good fight?!:nuts:

#4 ·
Re: Re: Re: Arrows/Ford

DONUT KING said:
Because they are promoting their Jaguar brand by racing under the Jag name instead of Ford
But lets be honest, Jag sucks.
FMC is the worlds second largest car manufacturer and they CAN build good engines, so why not?
Would'nt hurt their image, or could it?:eek:

#5 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Arrows/Ford

priteshpatel99 said:

FMC is the worlds second largest car manufacturer and they CAN build good engines, so why not?
To be honest In my opinion I think Jaguars poor performance has hurt Ford as most people with even a passing interest in the sport knows Jaguar is basically Ford rebadged and that they are ford engines etc....
It took Schumacher/Brawn/Byrne and Todt many years to rebuild Ferrari into what they are now, and it would take anyone longer to rebuild Ford/Jaguar as those men are committed to Ferrari and as a package they are peerless in the way thay can take control of a team and turn it's fortunes around.
Jaguar/Ford will again regain control, and remember Ford has the engine that is the most successful engine in the history of F1 and singlehandedly changed the way everyone built their cars and engines a long time ago in the past....

#6 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Arrows/Ford

priteshpatel99 said:

Go easy little fella or Bob the builder (WTF)

Jag have a very strong history in racing far stronger then Ford and that is one reason why the name was used.

#8 ·
I think its good its done under jag

ford have the wrc and in yankey land the nascars and cart, plus cart is expanding with a couple a races in europe and stuff like that so i don't really think they need to race them as ford

i also don't think them being not so successful just yet is hurting jags image, everybody knows it takes time to get up there in f1 and the other people taht don't know couldn't care less about f1 or if ford owned jag and the podium and monaco could have only done good as well as jag topping a few practice sessions and testing days recently

although only races mean anything they will get there whether its this year or next year or in 3 years time they will get there and they are gonna shoot them ****ing red barons outta da sky :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.