AU Falcon for 2003? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2003, 23:31   #1 (permalink)

AU Falcon for 2003?

This came up in my mind during the Lowndes driving a BA, and Bezzy and Seton driving a AU (or whatever), and i just had to ask.

Will the AU be able to have the new Aerokits, or will they have the older ones.

I may have missed something in one of the threads, but i just need to know.
Barra_4_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2003, 02:02   #2 (permalink)
------

the AUs will be built to Bluprint standard.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:06   #3 (permalink)
Black 200kw wheel barrow

will be interesting to see how competative the AU's really are, i mean on a LEVEL playing field!!
shame the model copped such a bad name just because people saw it loosing races and immediately thought that the road going version was inferior aswell.....
Old 02-03-2003, 08:14   #4 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by Number Seventeen
the AUs will be built to Bluprint standard.
No it won't.

The AU will be exactly the same as last year.
Old 02-03-2003, 13:42   #5 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Quote:
Originally posted by FPRXR-6
The AU will be exactly the same as last year.
That's my understanding too.
Old 02-03-2003, 19:56   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Ah bugger this! - I hate this bloody transition period!!

IMO it should be BA's and VY's on the track only..
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 20:46   #7 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

frown

Well if i had to bet $1000 my money ain't on Ford thats for sure, unfortunately they looked abit disorganised with the BA supply, and if the AU's are exactly the same as last years specification wouldn't it throw the so called Project BluePrint in the tip ie Holden kicks of the season with a better front end suspension, new aero kits etc and Ford soldiers on with AU's.

Sounds like Ford will be in for another roasting this year.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 15:39   #8 (permalink)

Blueprint is supposed to make sure that all four cars are approximately equal, which to my way of think would have meant a few things all based on aerodynamics.

The claim was that all awould have the same aerodynamic downforce, but as we know the same doesn't mean equal when it comes to a Ford v Holden comparison and TEGA has been typically gutless.

Firstly on the VX and AU, they either had to bring the VX back to the AU or bring the AU up to the VX which is what the Ford teams wanted in the middle of last year. They did not get it because TEGA chickened out.

But instead of meeting their stated goal, TEGA has said that the AU has more power than the PX so it is OK for it to have inferior front end aero. Go figure?

So the VX was set as the standard, and the BA and VY were meant to match it as close as an archaic roll test at an airport can. Why in the day of wind tunnels this multi-million dollar sport persists with inaccurate testing methods I do not know.

And that is where the figures came from that each of the manufacturers were meant to match. As we now know, Holden has fudged this stuff too by moving the radiator to affect air flow and thus reduce drag - as I understand it without fixing the location of certain components at the front of the car, it is possible to change the downforce by as much as 30% without touching the splitter.

So what will we have? In theory, the BA, VX and VY will have the same aerodynamic downforce, while the AU will continue to be panalised.

In practice we know because so many people are talking about it, that the VY has been given a leg-up because TEGA seems too frightened to pull them back. Either that or the HRT engineers are just that much smarter than the bloke from TEGA.
Henry_Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 18:24   #9 (permalink)
EA Wagon Member

A 3rd manufacturer would fix all the problems as no one car would be able to get a leg up.

Why don't they just do things on the run like in NASCAR? if it doesn't work then just try something else or reverse what you did.
Old 02-04-2003, 19:40   #10 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Re: AU Falcon for 2003?

Quote:
Originally posted by Barra_4_Eva
This came up in my mind during the Lowndes driving a BA, and Bezzy and Seton driving a AU (or whatever), and i just had to ask.

Will the AU be able to have the new Aerokits, or will they have the older ones.

I may have missed something in one of the threads, but i just need to know.
How long B4 the rest of the teams have BAs??
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe