AUII Front for supercars ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2001, 17:53   #1 (permalink)
Soon to become: Jake_XR6

Question AUII Front for supercars ?

I wonder if the Ford teams will introduce the AUII XR grill for
next season?
BLACK XR6-VCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2001, 18:17   #2 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

I think they will be using the AU2 XR front.:s5
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 00:28   #3 (permalink)
goooone

It's wierd the AUII has been out for so so long that it would appear they will stay the same till the AV upgrade which seems like strange marketing to me seeing they want people to associate the road cars with the race cars
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 07:56   #4 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

They (Ford Racing) have said that they will use the same front spoiler that they have used this season because it will cost too much to upgrade to series 2 and it will look very similar in appearance
Old 12-21-2001, 08:00   #5 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by gms00
They (Ford Racing) have said that they will use the same front spoiler that they have used this season because it will cost too much to upgrade to series 2 and it will look very similar in appearance
This has been brought up 3 or 4 times now, but from memory, Ford have said that next season we will see the upgrade to the AU2 (now AU3) front grille for the V8 supercars, and the reason why this wasn't done before is because when the common undertray came in they had to spend the money that would have otherwise been spent on the AU2 moulds converting the moulds over to AUI revision b spec...
I will do a bit of a search and try and find the previous threads.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 08:30   #6 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted By gms00

I guarantee that we will see the AU2 spoiler next year because they can't be that dumb to have it 4 years in a row.
I realized that the ozEmail and the GMS Falcons have the AU2 tail lights and it looks so much better than the orange one's even though you can't really tell from a distance.
This is what GMS00 said in a previous thread on the topic...
However I cannot find where it was said that the front will e changed so I may have imagined it :dead:
Old 12-23-2001, 05:51   #7 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally posted by DONUT KING

This is what GMS00 said in a previous thread on the topic...
However I cannot find where it was said that the front will e changed so I may have imagined it :dead:
donutking you have to excuse alot of the newbies for bringimg up old topics as they were not aware this topic existed. But it's good to see that we are not the only ones that query the same thing, as they say great minds think alike
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 05:59   #8 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra

donutking you have to excuse alot of the newbies for bringimg up old topics as they were not aware this topic existed. But it's good to see that we are not the only ones that query the same thing, as they say great minds think alike
Yes i know that we must leave allowances for those who have not seen the earlier threads on the topic, which is why i went and dug up the earlier info that seemed to be the most relevant now for this thread :s5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe