Ford Forums banner

BA V8 supercars engines????

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  XR8fella 
#1 ·
Is it true that the BA v8 supercars are using the same engine as whtas in the AU??? The AU's are using the ol windsor arent they?? If so why arent the BA's using the new BA engine??

cheers

#3 ·
and yes, holden is using a 5.0 too.

#4 ·
Maybe Mr Flint might be able to give a little input to this question as he is probably the closest to the issue... But has anyone got any idea of when FPR will be getting new engines which have the prodrive expertise put into them? Apparently there has been a lot of testing and data used in the UK and Craig Lowndes was quoted as saying mid year.. any truth in that??

#5 ·
I second that question MrT….

My only concern with the new engines is will they last the full 1000km at Bathurst!!!! I'm sure the new engines will be quick, but do the Pom’s (no offence) know how to build a reliable engine??? I would rather have a slow engine that I know will make the 1000km, than a jet of an engine that might be questionable over 1000km.... Plus I hope they work on fuel efficiency as I would hate to see FPR stop 5 times at Bathurst!!!!

Although, prodrive just won they class in Lemans, so maybe I’m being a bit harsh!!!!

#7 ·
weetbix said:
I heard Richards saying, on V8 superstars the other day, that they have just completed their new aurora engine. Is this a new engine for holden?? So if ford and holden are getting new engines what are they going to be??

Cheers
Ford aren't getting a new engine, I think you're getting confused with what Mr T said. He was talking about when FPR are going to build their own engines in-house with Prodrive input

Holden teams are getting the new Aurora (oh sorry, 'Holden Motorsport V8') engine to bring it inline more with what Ford have got

but both have nothing to do with what you see under the bonnet of the road cars

#10 ·
Ford are not getting a new engine in the near future, Holden have the new Holden Motorsport engine as they are now calling it, this is simply as part of project blueprint because the ports in the engines fords have been using since 1993 allow for better flow and therefore more horsepower (all being equal of course) Now the new Holden engine and the old ford engines are basically identical in every aspect, which is the whole name of the game, and for those who cry about Holden dont need a new engine, they won all the races before etc etc, Project Blueprint changes all the rules and its only fair that they be allowed to run the new donk, and as its the same as the ford engine, if it is making more numbers than the Fords then the Ford engine builders only have themselves to blame.

#11 ·
The V8 Supercars engines are a Ford Racing NASCAR block, with 5.0l cpacity, fuel injection, etc. It a RWD, live axle 5.0l pushrod injected engine category, and that's it.

Want a BA running a BA engine, watch GT Performance where Trevor Haines is campaigning a new car.

#12 ·
Further to what has been posted on the Ford donk. Its a Windsor/Clevo hybrid, sorta like the Boss 302.

block is of Windsor design, but is modified to take coolant directly into the block ala Clevo, this removes the need for a full inlet manifold like a std Windsor does and paves the way of course for 8 throttle body fuel injection and Clevo style heads, which are developed by Yates (A NASCAR racer).

It will be interesting to see what Prodrive can extract out of this donk, its had a good ten years of development here in Aus, with DJR initially getting some major advances a few years back in the AU using lighweight internals. Reliability at Bathurst shouldn't be much of a problem as the Sandonw 500 will be a good test here and Prodrive well and truly known there stuff.

On the Aurora V8, if the Holden teams come out with markedly more HP, then proj BP has failed in this area you simply cannot blame the Ford engine builders, thats like blaming the AU problems on the teams

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.