Barra for Bathurst - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2002, 17:26   #1 (permalink)
[V8]Ford Power

Thumbs up Barra for Bathurst

I know the timing would be tight but if Ford had its act together and was getting the cars homologated now then it would stand a chance at running a Barra at Bathurst. Previous years have seen the new model Falcon/Commondore debut at Bathurst and it would be great to see it happen this year. The car is due to be launched October sometime which would put it right in the Bathurst time slot. Surely Guys like DJR would already have new test cars to play with wouldnt they? All they really need is a shell and some doors and a dash so it isnt like all the normal testing would hold them up.
I have heard of no plans to change the format of the V8's (5 litre live rear axle) so they would just have to throw all the usual running gear in it (sounds easy doesn't it?).
Maybe I am just dreaming..... Polites... make it true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2002, 17:40   #2 (permalink)
Cheerful Idiot

It would be absolutely awesome if it coincided with the Barra relase - talk about publicity! Would be a good move.

There was an article in a mag a while back saying that they were having trouble getting the weight down in the Barra Supercars, so someone must have their mits on one.

Also there was a very similar thread about this a while ago, might want to look at what the comments were there.
Ford Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 17:53   #3 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior™

Wouldnt that be great!!! Although i have a feeling they will probably race them next year.
Old 04-24-2002, 19:59   #4 (permalink)
Barra

I have already heard that DJR are testing the new car, so i guess that other top Ford teams are too like 00,GSR,SBR
Old 04-24-2002, 20:57   #5 (permalink)
On The Edge Of Adhesion

Personally I don't think they will use an AV for Bathurst, it's got to pass all the rules and regs. Ford might actually have one on show, heres hoping, along with the rest of the AV lineup.
As XWJG34 said they will probably use them in next years series.
V8RUMBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 22:12   #6 (permalink)
Mr 'T3'

I'd agree, there's alot of wind tunnel testing to get the aerodynamics right. Love to see the new XR's at Bathurst but...
Old 04-24-2002, 22:41   #7 (permalink)
Jaguar X-Type

Its about time they upgrade to rules to allow the new engines. It will be 2010 and they'll still be shoe-horning old windsors into the bathurst cars.
SnaggS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 22:54   #8 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

It would be fantastic if the AV came 1st, 2nd and 3rd on debut at Bathurst :s6:
Old 04-25-2002, 00:07   #9 (permalink)
[V8]Ford Power

Wink once upon a time

If you cast your minds back though I can recall a few new Ford models that debuted at Bathurst only ready for the next season. One year it was Sandown and Bathurst that the new car ran at but I dont remember which model. I have sweet f all of reliable photos of the new car and am hangin...... it better not be a shitbox or I am gonna be pissed.
Snaggs, you say they are shoehorning the old windsors in.... you will find that the ohc motors take up much more room than the ohv motors. That is why GM like the chev so much. It is actually quite a small motor for a 5.7litre (shitbox).
Truth be known I have seen a lot of manufacturers go ohc and dohc and not seem to get huge horsepower rises.. I would be interested to see what would happen if Ford re-engineered the Windsor (or clevo) to 2002 standards with all the gear that theses new motors have live trick inlet runners etc and fancy pance head designs and just see what hp it would make.
Old 04-25-2002, 00:13   #10 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

The rules no longer allow for a homologation of a new car when the season is underway, avesco admit they stuffed up when they let the VT commodore run when the season was already almost over and will not allow this to happen again. The first time you will see the Barra in the V8 supercars will be next season.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe