Bowe blasts rule change - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2002, 00:10   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Bowe blasts rule change

Its good that Bowe speaks his mind when it comes to rules and Avesco in particular.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...E12173,00.html

Also in the article it talks about Avesco still lacking a major sponsor for this year.
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2002, 03:09   #2 (permalink)
sideways instructor

Its going to be a very interesting serious this year mmmmmmmm
WE HAVE IGNITION
NO BOUNDRIES

Your a stooge mate
xrfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 03:52   #3 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

a few things that stand out

"It's the same for Lowndes and Neil Crompton, who scored for Gibson Motorsport before the franchise was sold to John Briggs for a new Falcon super team, "
I thought it was still owned by Bob forbes.
anyone know about this?

"In the past, drivers were rated only by their race results. This time, its a driver-team combination intended to protect the owners of V8 Supercar franchises.

The rule, and changes to some of those franchise owners, means many of the best 25 from last year are not going to get a guaranteed run in Adelaide.
Instead, they will be up against drivers benefiting from their results in the 2001 season."
can some one explain this part to me cus it doesnt make any sense to me.

and
"They will be joined by race winners Greg Murphy Wayne Gardner and Steve Richards in a wild bunch of close to 20 drivers shooting for just nine race places. "

why is greg murphy one of the ones in the shoot out as he hasnto left k-mart as far as i know and k-mart hasnt been sold as far as i know.

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 10:30   #4 (permalink)
EA Wagon Member

gibson ownded the franchise not forbes and gibson sold it to briggs

the thing on who qualifies was on the driver nothing to do with the team or something so basically teams by buying a franchise are guaranteing themselves a run at adelaide

kmart franchise was actually bap romanos and they aren't running as holden young lions this year that will be done by hrt and rick kelly running that car so now kmart has to prequalify as well including todd kelly

all the other like richards and bowe and gardner have to prequalify becasue they are changing teams

i wonder if seton could do something of a swap since his 2nd car in top 25 isnt running he could give it to someone else?
Old 01-28-2002, 11:50   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

This is a joke...

CLIPSAL 500 LIKELY PRE-QUALIFIERS

Craig Lowndes, Falcon; Greg Murphy, Commodore; John Bowe, Falcon; Wayne Gardner, Falcon; Steven Richards, Commodore; Tony Longhurst, Falcon; Todd Kelly, Commodore; Simon Wills, Falcon; Neil Crompton, Falcon; Rick Kelly, Commodore; Dougal McDougall, Commodore; Cameron McLean, Falcon; Tomas Mezera, Commodore; Matthew White, Commodore; Trevor Ashby, Commodore

Those guys I've put in bold should NOT have to pre-qualify. It looks to me as though AVESCO is starting to loose the plot. Lets hope they re-gain some of their sanity for the remainder of the season.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 14:52   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by FM
This is a joke...
It looks to me as though AVESCO is starting to loose the plot. Lets hope they re-gain some of their sanity for the remainder of the season.

One reason why they still have no naming rights sponsor.

HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 18:35   #7 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

How about Perkins nominating Ingall for the Pre qualifying in Adelaide, Rusty was not impressed at all.
Perkins didn't want to risk Richards in Pre Qualifying since he is new to the team.

I have no doubt Ingall will leave that team at the end of the season.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 02:01   #8 (permalink)
EA Wagon Member

the stupid thing is that its so easy on your first flying lap to get caught up in someone elses accident and go off the track or get a punture or even just have some minor problem which prevents you from getting out for the first few laps and so everyone else posts a time and then it starts pissing down rain and you can't get near there time then in the wet

and that could happen to any of the drivers
Old 01-29-2002, 03:01   #9 (permalink)
gone

Re: Bowe blasts rule change

Quote:
Originally posted by RPO83
Its good that Bowe speaks his mind when it comes to rules and Avesco in particular.
Dont know about you, but AVESCO have a lot to answer for in the demise of V8supercars!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 04:08   #10 (permalink)

Re: Re: Bowe blasts rule change

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge

Dont know about you, but AVESCO have a lot to answer for in the demise of V8supercars!
I have to disagree on this one. My good mate Tony and I are like that. I have alot of respect for Tony and his team. Not

We The state of Tasmania are looking forward very much to getting our hands on Tony and any member of Avesco who should openly display membership of such organisation, and showing them our appreciation for the wonderfull management of our beloved sport in this state.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe