Bowe and Tander - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2003, 03:29   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

confused Bowe and Tander

Hey.....Im not to familiar with the rules but why is it that with the incident between John Bowe and Garth Tander on lap 9 did Bowe have to take a drive through penalty wen it was Tander up on the inside that spun bowe around......If any1 can clear this up 4 me that would be appreciated
Cheers
A Reale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2003, 03:41   #2 (permalink)
Scoob010

Missed the incident but sounds like Tander was probably
pass Bowes " B " pillar, after the front door and before the back,
which earns him racing room and Bowe no longer has right
of way over Tanders racing line.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:44   #3 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

No Bowe apparently jumped the start. I was wondering however when Tander was going to be brought in for a drive through. GET SERIOUS YOU IDIOT OFFICIALS. BE BLOODY CONSISTENT. IF ITS GOOD FOR ONE ITS GOOD FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2003, 03:44   #4 (permalink)

Bowe was given a drive through penalty for jumping the start!!! It had no thing to do with the Tandor incident. No thing was said or done about the Tandor, Bowe incident.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:10   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

ok cheers 4 that guys...yeah i missed the live telecast cause i was workin at the footy but caught the reply on fox sports and that caught my eye cause from the angle it was shown it looked like tander caught the insode of bowe and thats wat spun him out (hmmm seems to b a lot of that going around) well thanks for that u guys
A Reale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:42   #6 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by scoob010
Missed the incident but sounds like Tander was probably
pass Bowes " B " pillar, after the front door and before the back,
which earns him racing room and Bowe no longer has right
of way over Tanders racing line.
After Tander spun Bowe around, there was a massive dint in his rear door so i don't understand how the stewards didn't give Tander a drive-thru.

Seton turned one of the Shell cars around at turn 2 and he also didn't get a drive-thru.

Maybe the stewards were using that time to find a reason to penalize Ambrose, Lowndes and Ingall because Holden wasn't leading?
Old 05-06-2003, 05:36   #7 (permalink)

I had a good close up look at 888 on Monday night,

The Mark was about 200ml from the rear wheel and was curved towards the rear wheel not the front, now even on measuring, if Tander had the B pillar; he only might have had it by 1 or 2 ml. But that is only doing the CSI thing after the event; I was sitting at turn 2 and am yet to see the incident.

The GRM guys must have it in for BJR, the incident at the Queensland 500 where they had a whinge to the stewards about JB taping an already out of control GRM car desperate to hold 3rd.

Tander Shortening up JB at the Island, causing JB to have problems with the diff, this meant changing the rears was a matter of catching the still spinning wheels in the rattle gun at the right time.

Now this Garbage at the Creek.

JB, out qualify and out start that GRM car, please, just get away from it all weekend and we might win some races.
MITS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 03:41   #8 (permalink)

interesting this one,i did watch the race but never heard why he got a penalty:maybe i missed it,sometimes officials get it wrong,but i dont know as i never saw the incident:
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 04:17   #9 (permalink)

Yeah John Jumped the start of the race and that is why he recieved a drive though
MITS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 05:37   #10 (permalink)
goooone

I have actually heard JB say somewhere he isn't a fan of Tanders driving but I can't remember where of the point I've also read him give Todd Kelly a big serve to
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe