Ford Forums banner

Brock back in business

3K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  kinobi 
#1 ·
Team Brock is back in business. The 'rumour file' can be put to rest. Racing icon Peter Brock has formed a partnership with Melbourne V8 Supercar team owner Rod Nash and respected engineer Ron Harrop to field two Commodores in the V8 Supercar Championship.

"People have wanted this to happen since my retirement from competitive racing. It's all about timing, and this is the time," Brock said at the unveiling today of Team Brock at Adelaide's street circuit prior to this weekend's Clipsal 500.

"This partnership has some good synergy going with the three of us operating in our areas of expertise. Rod is in control of the business aspects and day-to-day team management; Ron is the chief engineer and will keep the cars competitive, while I will be in charge of media and sponsor liaison, corporate hospitality, merchandising and the like," Brock said.

New Zealander Craig Baird will continue as driver of Team Brock Commodore #54 while Peter's son James will join later in the year as a second car becomes available. Two cars will be entered at Bathurst in October.

Foundation sponsors include Holden, Bridgestone, Mobil, NGK, Autotek, Eibach and Biante, while negotiations are continuing with others keen to join the Team Brock 'family'.

Team Brock first existed in 1976 when brothers Peter and Phil Brock campaigned a privateer Holden Torana L34 to win the Sandown 500 and finish a creditable third at Bathurst after a pole start.

The following year the team was incorporated into Bill Patterson Racing prior to Peter Brock rejoining Holden Dealer Team in 1978 to begin his glory days of six Bathurst victories in the next seven years.

"We should be fairly competitive as this season unfolds," Brock said. "Recent testing at Winton saw us lapping within 3/10ths of a second of Mark Skaife's lap times on the same day and Ron has a few ideas to improve things as the season unwinds.

"It's really a case of 'softly, softly, catchee monkey' as far as the team is concerned. If we can build our competitive stature and do a job for our sponsors, that will be great. Come the latter part of the year who knows what can happen," Brock said.

"I know I've been accused of having alpacas loose in the back paddock for getting back into the V8 scene, but the prospect of Team Brock success gives me a good reason to be involved."

See less See more
#10 ·
its just Rod Nash racing with Brock money and some involvement. Brock isnt actually running the team just doing public relations type stuff. although Rod harrop should help the team

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.