Ch 10 V8 telecast is getting as bad as Ch 7 !! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: V8 Telecasts on Ch 10 have gone from great to:
Better. They do a great job! 7 20.59%
Worse. Too much talking and focus on leaders. 21 61.76%
Abysmal. Bring back Raymond and Economaki 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2002, 21:29   #1 (permalink)
plonky

Thumbs down Ch 10 V8 telecast is getting as bad as Ch 7 !!

Currently watching V8's in Pukekohe and I must reiterate that the job done by Ch 10 (commentary and vision) is becoming just like the bad old days of Channel 7.

Mathew White is a joke, Oastler should declare if mentioning TWRA a certain number of times per telecast, is written into his contract (cash for comment) and someone should run over Greg Rust in the pit lane.

Darryl Beattie does a good job, as does Bill Woods. Why did Channel 10 have to destroy a good programme by having a bunch of crankers on it.

Bring back Diffey and Baz (get well mate) and contract an expert that is an ex racer that knows what he's talking about, not some " school gossip turned journalist" like the current crankers!

Maybe Crompton will come back when "&$@A*%d replaces him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2002, 21:36   #2 (permalink)
FPV - TC NSW Promotions

I agree, that telecast was crap..!!!!!
Old 11-08-2002, 21:41   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

If we had decent racing the telecast might become a little bit more interesting.

Some of the commentry today was ordinary, however on the whole I think Ch 10 do a reasonable job.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 22:42   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I'd have to say that capturing no vision of the incident involving the two Shell cars is not good television.

I'm not too fussed about the commentary although I'd certainly welcome Cromley back for his expertise.

All in all they do need to lift their game a little rather than continue to rest on their past successes.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 22:54   #5 (permalink)
****in Flat Out Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by russellw
I'd have to say that capturing no vision of the incident involving the two Shell cars is not good television.

Yes, exactly! I was wondering the same thing. Keep in mind tho, that the Pukekoe event was a collaboration of 10 and TV1 NZ. This telecast was certainly amateurish. My bet is the TV1 guys were on camera duties.

Maybe they were too busy focusing on the sheep in the paddock next door? oops..... :-)

On the upshot, the Bathurst telecast was good. All in all I think 10 have lifted the V8SC out of the "mullet head" days of seven, but agreed, they can't get slack on us now.

I miss Baz.
FFOracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 23:24   #6 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Quote:
Originally posted by FFOracing
On the upshot, the Bathurst telecast was good. All in all I think 10 have lifted the V8SC out of the "mullet head" days of seven, but agreed, they can't get slack on us now.
What do you mean?
Old 11-09-2002, 00:35   #7 (permalink)
plonky

As an addition ot my original post, I forgot to mention that I always watch the NASCAR on Fox. Regardless of what anyone thinks of NASCAR (It is much harder than it looks) the telecasters and the commentators have it down to a fine art.

The cameras scan through the crowd and if someone holds up a poster that says " Hear the Noise" or something similar, the commentators shut up and the telecast goes to the external microphones.

The noise, coming back through the stereo is AWESOME!!!! The sound of the Ford's, Mopars and GM cars is sensational.

The IN CAR camera footage is also world class....especially at 220mph plus when the car behind is slipstreaming, bumps the car in front on the rear bumper, just enough to give that guy a bit more push to overtake on the next bend.

Speaking of bends, they may look like ovals but at 320kph to 340kph the bends are 90 degree corners.

Channel 10 could really learn a lot from NASCAR telecasts. Apart from Bill Woods and Darryl, the rest of them look and sound like 'gossip merchants' that used to work for women's magazines!
Old 11-09-2002, 00:41   #8 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

You forgot to mention the number of ads in their broadcast. I can't stand 7 for that very reason, but if I see one more Supercheap auto ad I'm going to go mad!

As for commentating, it's pretty sad when you hope for a driver to be taken out so they can spend some time in the comentary booth to shut Oastler up for 5 minutes.
Old 11-09-2002, 00:44   #9 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Quote:
Originally posted by plonky
The IN CAR camera footage is also world class....especially at 220mph plus when the car behind is slipstreaming, bumps the car in front on the rear bumper, just enough to give that guy a bit more push to overtake on the next bend.
You can thank "bad old" Channel Seven for the development of race cameras.

Seven gave more to motorsport fans than channel ten could ever possibly give us IMO.
Old 11-09-2002, 00:48   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by FFOracing

Maybe they were too busy focusing on the sheep in the paddock next door? oops..... :-)
Theres nothing like originality
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe