Championship Decider - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2003, 01:27   #1 (permalink)

eek Championship Decider

Well it is definitely the business end of the season... infact the end of the season. Marcos has tried oh so hard this year and it would be very dissapointing should he throw the crown away at the expense of yet another Holden Championship win. Only three drivers can do it... Ambrose, Murphy or Skaife (geez I hate even referring to his name!). Fingers crossed I pray that Ford can at least win this year Championship. My question:

Do you all agree that all Ford Drivers should do what they can to maximise Marcos' chances of winning a Championship for Ford? Or do we see a repeat of the past few rounds?
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2003, 01:41   #2 (permalink)
I just want a real one

Smile Re: Championship Decider

Heard Marcus interviewed on Big Sports Breakfast this morning and he was having a good time, laughing and joking like he didnt have a care in the world. Thats the way he should be...no pressure.....just another race, go out and do his thing........ He said to finish the interview "the only thing better than beating a Holden is beating a Holden with a Kiwi driving it" LOL

I think the other Ford teams should just use Paul Morris tactics.....
Old 11-13-2003, 10:39   #3 (permalink)
XR82GO

Re: Championship Decider

Would be awesome if ford takes home the season this year.
God knows we have been waiting long enough.

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 13:20   #4 (permalink)

if ambrose was to lose the championship it should be from mistakes which ambrose rarely makes..

i hope all the ford teams stay out of the way,but at the same time race their own race,i dont want to see excessive blocking like last round..

ambrose has this round for sure,MURPHY has to win all the races remember i doubt he will,hrt will bring team tactics i bet,and murphy well i can see some broad shoulders from em in the race..

just dont do a michael schumacker(spelling)when he got desperate one year and rammed another F1 car on the last round to win the championship (says this to murphy and skaife)desperate moves will be made i hope ambrose keeps a cool head (like he does)and just races a race at a time..

good luck ford..(AMBROSE)
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 14:47   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxred
He said to finish the interview "the only thing better than beating a Holden is beating a Holden with a Kiwi driving it"
HAHA! good call

Dear god i hope he completly hammers Murphy and murphy has the worst round of the season, i have alot of people that would be nice to rub into
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 15:26   #6 (permalink)
Team Galaxy Try Hard

I dont want to see ambrose hang back and win the championship in 4th spot with murphy wins the races. Will leave a sort of hollow feeling.

I want to see Ambrose and Murphy battling for 1st spot, with ambrose to take the win (of course).

Come on Ambrose, have a go in this last race, prove that we deserve the championship, not that we've lost the plot towards the end and only just hung on (or lost it).
Nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 03:15   #7 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

Go the Brose!!
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 04:04   #8 (permalink)
Dedicated M. Wilson Hater

You have to think about where Murphy would be on the points table if it were not for Ingall.

In case you do not remember or never heard about it (I am not being sarcastic) about 2 laps from the end, Murphy in 3rd with Ingall behind in 4th, Ingall decided that Murphy did not deserve to be on the track and promptly pushed him off.

Not nice

Jeff Grech: "Don't worry about it Mark. We'll get 'em next year."

You can count on it.
MaverickLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 04:27   #9 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickLS1
You have to think about where Murphy would be on the points table if it were not for Ingall.

In case you do not remember or never heard about it (I am not being sarcastic) about 2 laps from the end, Murphy in 3rd with Ingall behind in 4th, Ingall decided that Murphy did not deserve to be on the track and promptly pushed him off.

Not nice

lol you are gonna tell me about this until im a little old man arnt you macca?? unfortunately motor racing is a reflex sport, every race controversy happens, drivers get hard done by, ripped off, are lucky etc... HOWEVER the only time these things are ever highlighted is when handbag is driving. I would much prefer to see mark skaife win then handbag, at least he takes the good with the bad like a man.

for example, larry perkins being seconds behind the pace during bathurst, however refused to let ozemail team through, until they eventually were wiped out.

It happens. It will one day go in your favour. Get over it.

BTW i actually remember watching that adelaide race, if murphy was up to the pace, or got out of ingalls way like a true sportsman none of the controversy would have ever happened, but it did, and it should have been dead after the out come happened. Hand bag will be winging about his bathurst stuff up for 50 more years. (not his fault though of course)

just to add... i personally dont think v8 racing should be holden vs. ford. however in the last few rounds it has been shown that holden drivers are taking this approach, with ambrose being the final ford driver able to win the series, it may be worth adopting a similar stratergy.
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 04:35   #10 (permalink)
Dedicated M. Wilson Hater

lol....yep!!! :)

hey steve, you had a look at the calais? the links are in my sig block

Jeff Grech: "Don't worry about it Mark. We'll get 'em next year."

You can count on it.
MaverickLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe