Originally Posted by ianmcginley
* ianmcginley wants proof in writing... this isn't on v8x.com.au, v8supercars.com.au, theage.com.au, tripleeight.com.au or any others i could find....
how's this for proof....
RAT BACK IN BLACK - RADISICH JOINS TEAM KIWI RACING
To the elation of Kiwi motorsport fans throughout New Zealand and overseas, Team Kiwi Racing has today announced that they have secured the services of dual World Touring Car Champion Paul Radisich. Radisich will be joining his fellow Kiwi team members for the start of the 2005 Australian V8 Supercar Championship behind the wheel of the trademark TKR All Black machine.
Team Kiwi Owner David John confirmed from his office in Auckland, New Zealand that he and Radisich have exchanged signed contracts earlier this week that will see the "Rat" back in black at TKR in 2005.
Radisich will debut TKR's brand new VZ Holden V8 Supercar which is currently under construction at the Australian Melbourne Grand Prix 4-6 March 2005 before heading to the first round of the Australian V8 Supercar Championship in Adelaide at the Clipsal 500 on the 17-20 April 2005. .
Radisich is excited to have made the decision to join Team Kiwi Racing after evaluating a number of other offers both in Australia and in Europe.
"Team Kiwi Racing have made some serious changes to the way the team will line up in 2005 as we start the second stage of the teams development"
"I have sat back over the last few months and watched what Mr John said he would do and to his credit that is what has happened, which has made the decision to join TKR the right one for my family and I" says Radisich.
2005 will see TKR with a very strong package for the championship, with the purchase of a brand new Holden VZ V8 Supercar and new Holden motorsport engines.
In addition to that TKR have moved their V8 Supercar base from Melbourne to the Holden Performance Driver Training Centre in Queensland so they can test as a two car team with the Paul Morris Team, and have entered into a joint technical and engine development program with Paul Morris Motorsports.
"We are excited to have a Kiwi driver with the experience and of the calibre that Paul brings to Team Kiwi Racing as we start our next stage of development"
"Paul has unfinished business in the Australian V8 Supercar Championship and we look forward to achieving both his goals and that of the team in 2005" says David John.
Radisich is one of the most respected V8 Supercar drivers in the V8 Supercar Championship with a high profile and considerable following throughout New Zealand and Australia.
Radisichs Career Highlights include
* Bruce McLaren Driver of the Year (NZ) - 1983
* NZ GpA Touring Car Endurance Champion - 1989 and 1990
* Winner Fuji 500 (Japan) - 1992
* Two-times Nissan Mobil Series Winner (New Zealand)
* New Zealand Grand Prix Winner - 1998 and 1999
* 1992 Bathurst 1000 Runner Up
* 1993 FIA Touring Car World Champion
* 1994 FIA Touring Car World Champion
TKR's Career Highlights
* 2000 - 2.0ltr Touring Car Championship - winners
* 2000 - 2.0ltr Touring Car Championship - runner up.
* 2000 - 15th on debut in V8 Supercar Championship at Bathurst
* 2001 - Yellow Pages 500 Endurance race winners.
* 2002 - Third and Fourth NZ V8 Touring Car Championship
* 2003 - Winners of NZ V8 Touring Car Championship
* 2004 - First V8 Supercar Pole position at Winton Raceway.
With the 'Rats' die hard fans and TKR's loyal sponsors committed to the team for the seasons ahead 2005 is looking to be a very strong year for the men in black as they once again get ready to take on the best Australian teams in the Championship.
link is here