Ford Forums banner

Congratulations SBR!!

4K views 37 replies 29 participants last post by  XR6turbo 
#1 ·
What a weekend for Ambrose!

1st in P1, P2, Qualifying, shootout, Race1 and Race 2 :bowd:

Ambrose also finished 3rd in the Championship!!

G
#8 ·
Fantastic result.

If TWR results were taken out of the championship there would be a very interesting table with several Fords well up the top of the order.

If this series ever gets parity we'll see even better results.

Congrats Marcus and SBR.

#12 ·
Fantastic drive by Marcos today. He was in the middle of some of the carnage but managed to keep his nose clean & power on to the finish line with Skaife no-where in sight.

Bloody top job by all at SBR. Both Marcos & Bezzy were setting the field alight with their pace in both races. I was punching the air in pure ecstacy as he crossed the line. Soooo bloody proud to be a Ford Fan today. A magnificent way to send out one of the worst cars Ford has ever raced (Not entirely Fords fault though)

Goodbye, Farewell & F@ck off to the AU V8 Supercar. Four years of pure hell for Ford fans across the country. It's been a painful ride & one I'll be happy to forget.

Three cheers to SBR & bring on the BA Racer! :cheer::cheer::cheer::bounce::bounce::clap::bounce::bounce::cheer::cheer::cheer:

#14 ·
FM said:

Goodbye, Farewell & F@ck off to the AU V8 Supercar. Four years of pure hell for Ford fans across the country. It's been a painful ride & one I'll be happy to forget.
I wouldn't be going that far just yet. Remember, that next years rules allow for the AU and the VX to keep racing.

It might get a little embarrassing if the AU starts winning races over the BA. As good as the BA sounds, it hasn't been proven yet.

#17 ·
I was there cheering him on, sensational stuff, congratulations Marcus and SBR,!!

hehe, loved it when he pointed to the ford badge on his race suit before he got up on the podium, crowd went nuts.

And to top it off Junior Johnson whipped Brights arse in the VB Challenge and also did by far the better burnouts!

Final highlight was meeting GP near the pits at the photo shoot for the Wheels COTY with the Ford drivers, he was smiling enough then, can just imagine the grin on his face when the Devil Racer crossed the line to take victory.

#18 ·
I was impressed to see Ambrose keep his nose clean on a day full of carnage.... Congratulations to him, he's done Ford proud, flying their flag high all year...

It was good to see the AU leave on a high note, at times it has been so quick, quicker than the Commodore, and bad luck has robbed it of a couple of victories.... none the less, good to end on a high.

Can't wait to see my Holden buddies tomorrow at work.... bring on the BA and 2003...

Cheers...... Tim

#19 ·
Well done. This was a very good result and the race was great. Sandown has always been good to Ford. Radisch in 2000. Lowndes *ALMOST* last year when I was there, and Ambrose this year.

Can someone tell me, Had Ambrose's tyre not popped in New Zealand and he finsihed ahead of Murphy in 1st, would he have came second overall in the Championship?

#20 ·
Jamie XR6 said:
I wouldn't be going that far just yet. Remember, that next years rules allow for the AU and the VX to keep racing.

It might get a little embarrassing if the AU starts winning races over the BA. As good as the BA sounds, it hasn't been proven yet.
Yeah, but if DJ reckons the BA is a good thing after a couple of laps of Bathurst, then that will do me!!!!
Congrats to the boys today, very well deserved win, and a great way for Ford to finish the year!!!
Reckon I just might give the Holden boys a gee-up at work tomorrow too!!!!

Ed :)

#22 ·
XR8ED said:
Yeah, but if DJ reckons the BA is a good thing after a couple of laps of Bathurst, then that will do me!!!!
Congrats to the boys today, very well deserved win, and a great way for Ford to finish the year!!!
Reckon I just might give the Holden boys a gee-up at work tomorrow too!!!!

Ed :)
Well Dick sint really going to say on International Television that the BA isnt a good car. He also said the AU was a great racecar too...

#24 ·
Well done to Marcos, SBR and Ford!!!

Good to see things finaly going right, even if it was the last race of the season.

#26 ·
Cobra said:
Can someone tell me, Had Ambrose's tyre not popped in New Zealand and he finsihed ahead of Murphy in 1st, would he have came second overall in the Championship?
I think you might be right there. Bloody metal spike. I can't believe there hasn't been more shit poked at the Puke' officials over that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.