Cynical Dennis dampens Ferrari success - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2002, 00:03   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Cynical Dennis dampens Ferrari success

http://www.f1newswire.net/newsboard/tpl/index.php

Ron Dennis has said in typically cynical fashion that he feels Rubens Barrichello was gifted victory in today's European Grand Prix. The arrogant McLaren boss who has long been regarded as a 'sore loser', was attempting to dampen the Brazilian's victory at the Nurburgring where he led home a formation finish with team-mate Michael Schumacher. Dennis believes that Ferrari Team Principal Jean Todt didn't dare impose team orders this time around with his team's imminent appearance before the FIA this Wednesday.

Dennis believes the team acted logically, but criticised the call which he percieves was made between the pitwall and Schumacher to instruct the German not to pass his team-mate. "They're playing to the audience," he said. "I suppose if they've got their FIA diary (date) coming up it's the most logical thing to do."

Meanwhile Ferrari Technical Director Brawn defended Rubens Barrichello and said that team orders were never an option during the race. However, both drivers were obviously instructed to slow down in the closing laps of the race in order to avoid any failures which would have prevented them from taking the superb 1-2 finish. "As far as we're concerned this is Rubens' second victory this year, we're counting Austria as a Rubens win," he commented afterwards.

Williams' Technical Director Patrick Head also believes that team orders did not play a part of the result in today's race and said that Barrichello had the pace to beat Schumacher in a straight fight anyway. "I don't think he was gifted the win," he added. "I think Rubens was competitive enough to beat Michael today."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter what Ferrari does Ron Dennis always finds something to complain about.
What a loser !!!
FPRXR-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2002, 00:30   #2 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Old 06-24-2002, 02:58   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Team Orders See Schumacher In Second

Michael Schumacher was told not to overtake team mate Rubens Barrichello in Sunday's European Formula One Grand Prix, Ferrari boss Jean Todt said.

The Italian team's sporting director said the drivers were instructed to hold their positions and not risk an accident on their way to a one-two finish.

While technical director Ross Brawn said there were no "team orders", it was clear that he was referring to the sort given in Austria last month when Barrichello was told to let Schumacher past for victory.

Todt made clear that the drivers were not racing each other in the closing stages on Sunday.

"After the second pit stop we told the drivers to keep their positions and avoid incidents," Todt told reporters.
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 07:46   #4 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Don't really like the personal touches in that article 00 Motorsport, a bit harsh don't you think.
Old 06-24-2002, 23:12   #5 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

That article is straight from the F1 site, i did'nt enhance it in anyway except for my little whinge underneath the line :bs3:
FPRXR-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 05:10   #6 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Quote:
Originally posted by 00 Motorsport
That article is straight from the F1 site, i did'nt enhance it in anyway except for my little whinge underneath the line :bs3:
Well I apologise for accusing you, whoever wrote the article is very unprofessional IMO.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe