Disappointment at Clipsal 500 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2002, 02:31   #1 (permalink)
Territory - 2004 COTY

mad Disappointment at Clipsal 500

Well what a completely demoralising weekend the Clipsal 500 turned out to be. Two days of bloody Holdens on the podium makes for a very sombre weekend, having to cop the chants of the arrogant Holden hordes afterwards.

As much as it pains me to say it we were hopelessly outclassed by HRT, the Murphy car and even Garth Tander's Valvoline car has rediscovered its speed after a forgettable 2001.

Lowndes tried his heart out both days and was our only shining light, whilst Marcos drove a good race on Saturday.

But the fact remains that the leading Holdens had significantly more speed than our leading cars; you only had to watch the incredible gap the HRT cars in particular put on us after a couple of the Pace car laps. It was very disappointing!

Sad to say that Seton looks like he has completely lost the plot, the car slow and a couple of driving mistakes, Steven Johnson was midfield and Radisich mediocre after wrecking the car on Friday.

Without wanting to write off our chances after just one event, it is clear that a few of our guys are going to need to pull a finger out and lets hope the Stone Brothers and Lowndes team team find a 10% performance boost in the month leading up to the next round at Phillip Island. We need it just to be competitive.

I thought we had a real chance - but far out, how wrong was I? Ford needs to make sure we are giving AT LEAST the same bdget to the SBR and Lowndes teams so that we drag in the buffer that HRT clearly still retain for 2002 --- and very bloody quickly ---- or its going to be another very long year!
Organza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2002, 03:06   #2 (permalink)
351 - What a magic number

Question

Yeah, fully agree.... If I have to handle another Ford bashing session by ****** freaks, I'm going to scream.......

Come on boys, we've had enough!!!!
Ed :crazy2:

HSV - I just don't want one....EVER!

My XF 3 on the tree ute is ALWAYS stuck in third......
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 03:08   #3 (permalink)
Cheerful Idiot

Welcome!
Ford Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 03:54   #4 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Just learn how to deal with the Holden pricks. Most of them don't know shit, and all it takes ids a few educated, well backed up facts to leave them scratching thier heads!
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 04:13   #5 (permalink)
Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by marine1
Just learn how to deal with the Holden pricks. Most of them don't know shit, and all it takes ids a few educated, well backed up facts to leave them scratching thier heads!
ive given up on dishing out facts, its just goes over their heads ur better off beating ur head against a wall, probably more enjoyment.
kinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 04:17   #6 (permalink)
Cheerful Idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by kinobi

ive given up on dishing out facts, its just goes over their heads
Kids are even worse. In fact, the worst. Lucky all my mates are Ford men (and gals!).
Ford Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 04:33   #7 (permalink)

Anyone who was there see the guys with the massive FORD banner in front of the podium? That was us
TheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 04:41   #8 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

I couldnt beleive how mant holden fans were in adelaide. Does it have soemthing to do with the fact that they make them there?

Anyway as ive said in the pits, ive had enough. I really cant be bothered anymore. I got over 10 text mesages today of my holden loving mates spinning shit. I'm going to watch it without getting emotional. I am going to watch it not just expecting but KNOWING that holden will win and just accepting that.

Ahh well, Ive allready given up on geelong winning a grand final so giving up on ford winning bathurast or even a chmpionship cant be that much harder than that.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 04:43   #9 (permalink)
351 - What a magic number

Elvis, was that the Big blue sign with a white 'FORD' on it??
That's the one I saw on the telly anyways...
Still think Lowndesy drove great though, a real shame for
Marcos to have his engine go on him though...
Bowey did well to finish up there too!!

Did anyone see Glenn's crash in real life???
It looked pretty major on the telly......

As for the comments about HSV kids... yeah, really
cracks me up when you consider all that they'll
probably drive when they get a licence is a riced up
Hyundai!!!!

Ed :)

HSV - I just don't want one....EVER!

My XF 3 on the tree ute is ALWAYS stuck in third......
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 14:07   #10 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

When would Ford start actually winning races to the point that they'll be able to take the Championhip.

Seems it will never happen.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe