Disgusted at Channel 10's V8 coverage! (Or lack of) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2004, 07:47   #1 (permalink)

Disgusted at Channel 10's V8 coverage! (Or lack of)

G'day all

This has annoyed me for a while and I am going to get some more views on here first before I write a letter to Channel 10. I am not the only one that feels this way.

Is it only me or is Channel 10's coverage of the V8 Supercars a complete joke? I mean for a whole weekends worth of racing we get a 2.5hour slot in the afternoon with (no exageration) a hours worth of adds. Thats not all, We didnt even get to watch the first race!! Just a poxy 30 second review. Why would that be?

I thought the popularity and growth of this sport would warrant 10 being able to televise race 1? Is it really asking too much to have every race televised?? Its not like the races are on every week. I just laugh whenever I see their "Home of Motorsport" slogan.

I like Crompton and Woods as the commentators though!

Also the times they show the F1 is insane! But I wont get started on that also..

Look forward to hearing your opinions!

Cheers

Tim
Tim_EF_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2004, 07:57   #2 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Re: Disgusted at Channel 10's V8 coverage! (Or lack of)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_EF_5.0
G'day all

This has annoyed me for a while and I am going to get some more views on here first before I write a letter to Channel 10. I am not the only one that feels this way.

Is it only me or is Channel 10's coverage of the V8 Supercars a complete joke? I mean for a whole weekends worth of racing we get a 2.5hour slot in the afternoon with (no exageration) a hours worth of adds. Thats not all, We didnt even get to watch the first race!! Just a poxy 30 second review. Why would that be?

I thought the popularity and growth of this sport would warrant 10 being able to televise race 1? Is it really asking too much to have every race televised?? Its not like the races are on every week. I just laugh whenever I see their "Home of Motorsport" slogan.

I like Crompton and Woods as the commentators though!

Also the times they show the F1 is insane! But I wont get started on that also..

Look forward to hearing your opinions!

Cheers

Tim
ABSOLUTELY! I was PISSED! Especially given the circumstances of the first race! It might be to do with the AFL coverage on 10 on Saturdays.... 10 has AFL on Saturdays and 9 has it on Sundays if I am not mistaken. And the tv stations would probably figure their ratings are better with footy than the SCs... However, that would only work for the AFL states, I dunno if 10 has a similar deal with other codes in other states....

I was really shitty about all the ads in the two races we DID get to see - I mean seriously, a long group of ads took out a good few laps!!!! They dont even do that with footy - you just get one or two ads at a time when a goal is kicked... probably ads up to the same though. But there did seem to be a lot of ads today!!!

And they didnt spend too much time updating us all on the Snozz v Marcos issue either....
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:10   #3 (permalink)

When Ch 10 started getting all the events I thought they were over committing themselves. I know I'm right now. 10 should have stayed with the bikes and left F1 to Ch 9. F1 is usually a 2.5 hour broadcast, and the MotoGP, 125s and 250s usually another 2 plus hours - so at least one of them is screened very late when the 2 events clash. Then there's the footy clashing with the V8s in the daytime. It's too much to broadcast.
Old 05-23-2004, 16:12   #4 (permalink)
freelance

Ten had best be careful. V8SC is clearly a winner for them and they have obviously sold that to the advertisers, what other telecasts cop this level of blanket advertising. 25 Zinger adds per hr is more likely to make someone firebomb their local Kentucken Ckieeeken than race out and order crook chook.

Avesco needs to have words or the quick profits will have an ultimate negative effect, just look at the decisions made re NRL telecasting.

Why show all the puff pieces about someones socks or some dumb vox poll of drivers re: CL, and miss an entire race.

Wake up Channel 10 , or you'll cook a golden goose!!!!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 19:11   #5 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

ive noticed though as soon as its footy season, its like its the most important thing in this country! i ****ing hate footy and all 400 shows each week related to it as well. 3 channels out of 5 on most weekends is taken up by footy...thats too much!!
Old 05-23-2004, 19:25   #6 (permalink)

^^^^^^^^^what he said. Since thre's a 24 hour foot channel of cable TV why is there so much of it on free to air. I'm a soccer fan and am satisfied with 1-2 games per week on free to air and the rest on cable, why not the same for footy. It would free up a lot of time for other sports
Otsile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 20:46   #7 (permalink)
Fords RULE,Holdens drool.

mad Re: Disgusted at Channel 10's V8 coverage! (Or lack of)

I just wish that Fox sports would get the V8's on one of their channels.At least you'd get to see the bloody race LIVE and not at least 2 hrs after the event has started!

Living in NSW I have the chance to get to Eastern Creek,Oran Park and Bathurst every year for the V8's.Now when I'm out at Oran Park I will check the time and when we are having the LAST V8 race of the day,channel 10 are just doing the FIRST and then that may only be highlights!Talk about screwing the fans over.

I think that all the interstate races should be shown LIVE {except in that state,you do want the fans out there}and run the ads under the screen unless of course there happens to be a pace car.And don't get me started on the IDIOTS who call the racing!I do miss the late Barry Sheenes' comments,he at least knew what he was talking about.
The only other commentator who used to call motor racing was Mike Raymond or was his brother Steve ? Now,that guy was good.

Marcos Ambrose, V8 Supercar Champion 2003 2004.
BAracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 21:00   #8 (permalink)
R.I.P Dimebag

I am a footy fan and believe its a joke they don't show Saturdays game live. Then they could have time for the first race afterwards, keeps everyone happy. The crap on Saturday before 3pm suggests it would draw big ratings as there are heaps of footy and SC fans out there
Devil_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 21:47   #9 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
25 Zinger adds per hr is more likely to make someone firebomb their local Kentucken Ckieeeken than race out and order crook chook.
Yes, the coverage was and is pretty average, but you've got to admit that the new KFC ad with the mum's Volvo and the cardboard spoilers is an absolute CLASSIC!!!!!
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 22:06   #10 (permalink)
true blue thru & thru

they NEED to show more of the v8s

it pissed me off that out of the 3 races they cant show the best one
and its hard to get in the mood of the race weekend when you miss out on so much

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe