DJR Enduros - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2003, 07:23   #1 (permalink)
SemiFordFan

DJR Enduros

Update!

As you ay have heard, David Brabham will now be pairing up with max wilson for the 2 enduros, taking Tony Ricciardello's place.

Dj stated " We want to give him another season to find his feet in the konica series'

Been tough going for Ricciardello this season, don't you think.
He's had some hard luck. Very talented driver though.
He's one to watch, i reckon.

Last edited by SemiFordFan; 08-18-2003 at 07:36.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2003, 14:45   #2 (permalink)

Re: DJR Enduros

I think it has been a very tuff season for DJR. They need to pull a miracle out to win any of the enduro's!
Old 08-19-2003, 00:36   #3 (permalink)
SemiFordFan

I agree It's been tough. Ricciardello being a rookie must be hard too. Bring his comfidence down too. Hopefully he finishes the rest of the konica season at Mallalla!

What are peoples thoughts on the rookie?
Old 08-19-2003, 02:59   #4 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Tony is better than his results make him out to be.

Unfortunately I believe he will no longer be seen in the #71 car again, including Mallalla and the Bathurst Konica race.

Basil gave Tony one year to prove himself in V8's and it hasn't worked, had Tony been in say an SBR Konica car I suspect Tony would be back next year.

I have heard a new Alfa Sports Sedan is being built by Basil which is likely to be for Tony.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 06:50   #5 (permalink)
SemiFordFan

Lightbulb

I don't believe you'll see Tony give up so quickly on this. He'll persist with it, from what I know of his dedication to what he does.

The alfa is being repaired from the bad weekend they had at the last meeting, i don't believe the Sports Sedan series, as fantastic as it is, is satisfactory for Tony's potential.

By the sounds of what's been going on, I know the choice about Mallala has been left to Basil and Tony. As for next season with DJR, I haven't heard any further.

Guaranteed if given the chance, fingers crossed, when Tony finds his feet, he'll blow them away.

If not with DJR, I'm sure with someone else.

Gotta get some support behind the young talent!

Last edited by SemiFordFan; 08-19-2003 at 07:43.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:28   #6 (permalink)

from what i saw in the alfa, he was fantastic.
he's had some good results in the konika series, but it hasnt been steady.
maybe going to a big team on the down with big expectations was just too much pressure.
i hope he stays with it. even if he end up changing to another team.

but on to DJR. they went bad after Bowe left.
they got junior johnson to drive, who has had some good races, including bathurst if i am not mistaken.
but DJ now seems to have a love for overseas drivers and they havent performed.
what he needs is a seasoned driver. larkham perhaps. someone whos been racing v8's for a couple of years who may not have a fast enough car to be at the front but has the talent.
imacop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 18:38   #7 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

The car Tony drive was not the best out there, given a better car he would have produced some results.

Your right about DJR. With the BA they have gone backwards when they should have gone forwards.
someone with solid car setup skills is required and JB would be #1 choice, I don't think Jnr has this ability but give him a good car and he can do well.

I believe there are a lot of long faces in the DJR camp at the moment.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 19:15   #8 (permalink)
Magna Owner & Proud of it

This wont be the only announced driver pairing to disintegrate.... I am not trusting the entry list till I see the stickered names on the side of the car in first practice at Sandown and bathurst!
Old 08-21-2003, 02:47   #9 (permalink)
IDAREU - Back on the Road

I think Tony is an awesome driver, his results in the past prove this, obviously we are talking a different beast here, but DJR could do a better job developing a car that stays at the top.
sdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 17:47   #10 (permalink)
ex-Ford owner

I agree that Tony is a good driver and they should persist with him. He probably wasn't ready to jump into the BA for the enduros, but another year of Konicas should definitely be offered to him.

At this stage I can't see how we can expect anything better from DJR for the enduros compared with the rest of their season. Seems like nothing they try at the moment works for them.
XYFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe