Do we need MORE supercar rounds - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Does V8 Supercar require more rounds
No Avesco have it spot on 2 4.76%
Yes - more Aussie Rounds lose the internationals 16 38.10%
Yes - Keep the the o/seas rounds but one in every Aussie State 8 19.05%
Yes - at least one in every Aussie state and at least 2 in NZ plus as many o/seas rounds as practical 16 38.10%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2004, 01:20   #1 (permalink)
Ingall Fan

Do we need MORE supercar rounds

After seening that China is a go if the track is done, NZ wants another round and we want philip island back does avesco need to make the championship longer. The demand for the supercars is more and more every season and with more international rounds to come do we wand to loose rounds in australia or for the chanpionship to grow.

we need a longer championship with more rounds weather the Team bosses like it or not and personally i quite like the sound of a 16 round championship
240 T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2004, 03:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: Do we need MORE supercar rounds

I'm with you. 16 rounds has a good ring to it. The "off season" just seems to be soooo long, particularly after the huge finish to last season (whether it was considered good or bad it certainly put V8 Supercars on the nightly news and daily papers for a week).

Hell even Rugby League kicks off with the Sevens next week.

I'm one that is against further growth overseas until such time as we get more events in our own backyards. I've been spoilt with 2 events at the Creek, Oran Park and Bathurst but I feel for those in Vic and Tassie. Mind you the events they add in these states need to be up to scratch with what some of the other states are offering (eg Adelaide, Indy and the last round of Eastern Creek (ignoring overpriced food and drink that didn't enjoy any price reduction!).

It confuses me when Team Bosses always seem to be on about cost and time allowed between events etc but how come they manage to finish the endo's (particularly Bathurst) and then appear on the Gold Coast two weeks later and then off to NZ two weeks after that - that timing just doesn't make sense to me when at other times during the year there is sometimes up to 4 weeks between events.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:06   #3 (permalink)
freelance

More V8 Supercar rounds?

as previous post should we have more V8 Supercar rounds?
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 13:18   #4 (permalink)

Re: More V8 Supercar rounds?

I havnt voted because i think there should be 2 nz races(1 north island 1 south island) and a race in every aussie state and thats it
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 13:26   #5 (permalink)

Get more rounds, if they falcon & commodore start selling in the US, race in the us, if not dont, I think the rounds should be spread accross the states so some states dont get shit all and others get up to 5, oh and Nz should have a race in the north island and one is the south island.
Old 01-16-2004, 15:18   #6 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

hell yeah i want more rounds...one in each state (incl tassy for the avesco chiefs who think tassy is on its own) and an overseas one, just to promote the sport more. But then again can all the teams afford to keep running longer and travel costs could be a questionable variable.
Old 01-16-2004, 15:49   #7 (permalink)

Threads merged??
Old 01-16-2004, 16:21   #8 (permalink)
www.fpvxrclubact.com

More rounds definently, i still have the sh#ts about Canberra losing its round.
Old 01-16-2004, 20:17   #9 (permalink)

I think there should be a round every two weeks, cause sometimes between rounds it could be as long as one month to 5 weeks and for us fans thats to long.

They need more street races, another round at NZ and a round in Tassie
Mickcals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 21:58   #10 (permalink)

its interesting that people dont mind a round or two in NZ, but an international round is not so rosey, i would be fine with international rounds if commodores and more importantly falcons were sold there but at the moment i dont see any point in going to china with not a one Falcon or Commodore driving the streets of china ( if there is correct me)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe