Does the world end with the V8 supercars? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2002, 04:18   #1 (permalink)
MadMax

Does the world end with the V8 supercars?

I don't know about you guys, but i think the writing is on the wall as far as Ford and V8 supercars is concerned.

The obvious bias to HRT and against ford will kill the spirit of competition and eventually the series will get boring and die a slow death.

There must be another way...maybe a different series for production racing, or something. hell Im just thinking out aloud here, but my heart tells me that our efforts to regain the top of the V8 tree are futile just because the goal posts keep moving around to suit HRT.

maybe a royal commission, or some form of inquiry - because AVESCO and CAMS are corrupt in their actions - past and present.

The only other way would be a series allowing the best each manufacturer had to offer - Ford 5.4's versus Chev 5.7's, mix in the 2 litres as well - make it interesting for all like the bathursts of old.

A code which is reliant on engine bases which are almost extinct and too much parity (which is a joke, and open to biased interpretation) will die.

How about giving ALL officials a lie detector test asking them if they have a bias towards a manufacturer. if they do, make sure then the administration is a 50 / 50 split.

Any other ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2002, 04:33   #2 (permalink)
goooone

i love the V8s but something has to be done to srop it becoming a TWR parade or the people will just stop going
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 04:37   #3 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Is it really that bad guys???

Put simply, Holden throw the most amount of money at HRT and provide excellent development facilities (CSIRO??).

Ford just need to put in the effort and they'll get there!
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 07:25   #4 (permalink)

I`d much rather see Ford beat HRT in V8 Supercars than run off to another category.

If the system is bias, it`ll make victory in 2002 even sweeter :s3
ZH_302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 12:07   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Sorry but I don't believe there's a bias towards any manufacturer. Holden Motorsport throws a shyte load of money into V8 Supercars because they can. Ford haven't done this for years and are paying the price.
As for the HRT/TWR thing, what would you do to protect the heavy investment you're pputting into a category of motor racing. You'd lobby like a madman to get the result you wanted. It's only common sense.
I'm sure if Ford had a proper Factory Team and a decent lobby group then they would be treated accordingly.
I also think that teams should be limited to 2 cars maximum. This thing with theams having 4-5 cars in different livery is crap IMO. That is what is ruining V8 Supercars..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 18:49   #6 (permalink)

Agreed Chucky, been recently discussing this same subject on the new V8 Supercar Forum.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 23:47   #7 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Ford need more money in, an Ofically backed Ford TickFord Racing team, with the Aid of prodrive and Lowndes & ambrose behind the wheel.
Lets just see how everything unfolds ofr season 2002.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 05:58   #8 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Historically motorsport goes through a major change every so often in Australia, and I don't think the V8 category will be immune to this.
Old 02-22-2002, 22:49   #9 (permalink)
Barra

I reckon their should be shanctions put up against TWR. Becuase it is starting ot become a TWR procession because theyve go tso much money. If you take out TWR's winings in the past few years then Ford would have killed hOlden .
Its just TWR onto the rest of hte Ford and Holden teams.
Old 02-26-2002, 16:38   #10 (permalink)
Crazed Cone Chaser

I'm not too worried about what goes on when they are on the track, its the stuff that happens off the track that really pisses me off.

Like HRT removing grass from the radiator during a pitstop and only gettinbg a fine, rather than a stop/go penalty, and various other 'incidents' like this.

If it hadn't of been for these few incidents, I beleive Ford would've come out on top...even if the standings dont add up, i reckon the ford guys would've had a lot more enthusiasm, rather than heading out to the track with a guarantee almost that they will be screwed somehow and HRT will come in first.

Dont get me wrong Skaife is a great driver, I just beleive that AVESCO and CAMS both turn a blind eye often in their direction.

thats my 2c

DILLIGAF: a subsiduary of the DGAF NOP group of companies.
BSR Member - 'Blanky' 'ConeKiller'

Go Here for My Garage Sale
MADXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe