Double standards - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2004, 09:06   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

mad Double standards

Got this off www.streetcommodores.com.au

A war of words has broken out between Ford and Holden over alleged technical breaches by HRT.

Ford officials have accused V8 officials of double standards after Holden was called to explain an irregularity in Todd Kelly's car at the Surfers Paradise round.

A similar breach from Ford driver and likely series champion Marcos Ambrose in July resulted in a public furore in the immediate aftermath and Ford motorsport manager Stephen Kruk told AAP that it appeared Holden had escaped the same scrutiny.

"We need to understand why the system hasn't dealt with these two issues equally," Kruk said. "Not only has Holden got nearly three weeks to work on their defence, they've got away without any public scrutiny and without any damage to the brand in the way that Ford and Stone Brothers Racing were attacked."

"We had people from Holden like Mark Skaife and Larry Perkins (Castrol Perkins Racing team owner) accusing us of cheating. And what we're equally concerned about is who was able to create an environment of silence for 18 days in this case?"
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2004, 09:47   #2 (permalink)
Proud Ford Owner

Re: Double standards

Unfortunately double standards in V8 Supercars is nothing new, but at least Ford are finally standing up for themselves.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 16:46   #3 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

As Mike said.

Ford have been taking this crap for years while morons like Murph the turd have been twisting it around saying things like "well Mr Ambrose has gotten away with his fair share of things over the years". About time to see Ford doing it bit to make the H mob eat their boots.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 17:36   #4 (permalink)

lol some of those guys are morons... some are actualy quite smart and very unbiased.. good to see
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 18:57   #5 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
lol some of those guys are morons... some are actualy quite smart and very unbiased.. good to see
*shakes head...... they are morons!!!! I have to say that zero tolerance's spelling gave me the shits too!!!!

kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 19:24   #6 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

it is funny they (commo forums) call it inconsistent yet the rule wasn't created until after the Ambrose incident. So the Kelly incident would be the first one since the rule was created?
Old 11-15-2004, 22:02   #7 (permalink)

Tehehe.

I've had a fair bit of input into that discussion under my alias.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:35   #8 (permalink)

holden whinged then holden copped the first penalty under the new rule..

i'd say they bought em on theirselves..

sucked in i say..

BTW KOOKY you may notice a half biased holden fan teasing zerotolerance over his spelling god i love giving it to em most days.. LOL
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:39   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoon69
holden whinged then holden copped the first penalty under the new rule..

i'd say they bought em on theirselves..

sucked in i say..

BTW KOOKY you may notice a half biased holden fan teasing zerotolerance over his spelling god i love giving it to em most days.. LOL
heres some pics i so wanna post on their site LOL
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 08:15   #10 (permalink)

rofl
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe