Eddie's Unhappy With New Jaguar R3B
EDDIE IRVINE has raised doubts about Jaguar's new R3B ahead of this weekend's British Grand Prix, once again calling into question the Ulsterman's future in the sport.
Irvine, 36, said last week that the decision whether to continue racing next year would be largely dependent on whether the revised R3B performs well at Silverstone or not.
"I did 15 laps in the car I was not happy with it," Irvine revealed to the Press Association.
"There were some improvements in certain areas, but some other problems surfaced. There were issues to be worked on, which the team did on Friday after I left.
"This is definitely a step forward even if it is not as good as we would have hoped. It's definitely going in the right direction, but we will have to wait until Silverstone to see where we are.
"If I drive this car and it turns me on then I'll want to carry on, but if it does not turn me on then I'll have to consider my options," he added.
Irvine, whose multi-million pound contract with Jaguar Racing expires at the end of the year, still believes he has what it takes to compete with the best drivers in the sport.
But if the car fails to deliver then Eddie may well have to consider hanging up his overalls or swallow his pride and try to get a drive at a lesser team on a (much) smaller pay packet.
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen. It said, 'Parking Fine.'So that was nice.