Eddie's Unhappy With New Jaguar R3B - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2002, 20:40   #1 (permalink)

Read Eddie's Unhappy With New Jaguar R3B

EDDIE IRVINE has raised doubts about Jaguar's new R3B ahead of this weekend's British Grand Prix, once again calling into question the Ulsterman's future in the sport.

Irvine, 36, said last week that the decision whether to continue racing next year would be largely dependent on whether the revised R3B performs well at Silverstone or not.

"I did 15 laps in the car I was not happy with it," Irvine revealed to the Press Association.

"There were some improvements in certain areas, but some other problems surfaced. There were issues to be worked on, which the team did on Friday after I left.

"This is definitely a step forward even if it is not as good as we would have hoped. It's definitely going in the right direction, but we will have to wait until Silverstone to see where we are.

"If I drive this car and it turns me on then I'll want to carry on, but if it does not turn me on then I'll have to consider my options," he added.

Irvine, whose multi-million pound contract with Jaguar Racing expires at the end of the year, still believes he has what it takes to compete with the best drivers in the sport.

But if the car fails to deliver then Eddie may well have to consider hanging up his overalls or swallow his pride and try to get a drive at a lesser team on a (much) smaller pay packet.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2002, 23:24   #2 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

The car was on the pace of the R3 straight away so I would have thought that was an improvement, surely with more testing they will be able to get more speed out of the R3B.

I think Eddie pretty much knows he won't be in F1 next season so he is basically making out as if he is going out of his own accord.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 23:56   #3 (permalink)
Code Monkey

they should piss him off now and save the hassle and get a better driver in, one that is actually a team player.
kinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 00:11   #4 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Eddie needs to realise that drivers need to relay information and give input into what the cars is doing and how it can be improved. From all reports this is one of Mark Webber's strengths.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 01:55   #5 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

Does any one know how Eddie Ervine got on in the first practice of this weekends British GP?
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe