F2003-GA breaks lap record at Fiorano - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2003, 20:52   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

biggrin F2003-GA breaks lap record at Fiorano

World champion Michael Schumacher gave Ferrari's new car a record-breaking track debut on Tuesday with a lap record to show his rivals his ambitions for the 2003 Formula One season.

At its unveiling last week the Italians claimed the car, named the F2003 G-A in memory of the late Gianni Agnelli whose company FIAT own Ferrari, was even better than last year's record-breaking model. And with five-time world champion Schumacher behind the wheel, the car lived up to expectations, breaking the lap record at Ferrari's test track here, 30 kilometres north-west of Bologna.

Schumacher drove the car for 78 circuits clocking a fastest lap of 57.045 seconds at the Ferrari test track in Fiorano to beat the previous record of 57.476, before retiring for lunch with Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo and general director Jean Todt.

"Gianni Agnelli would have been happy with this car and this team," said Schumacher. "Today, we achieved a very good result with great reliability. I am very happy with this first day of testing."

The new Ferrari will not be used for the first Formula One race of the season in Melbourne, Australia on March 9. It is expected to be given its first outing at the San Marino Grand Prix in Imola in April.

This year Schumacher, who continues testing at Fiorano Wednesday, is seeking a record-breaking sixth drivers' championship.

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2003, 23:31   #2 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Go Schu'e and Go Ferrari.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 14:27   #3 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

Sounds like another boring year ahead of us for F1.
Old 02-12-2003, 20:17   #4 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

That's what I think.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 22:21   #5 (permalink)

but only ferraris and i think a sauber has tested at that track so they are only betting themselfs and i am supporter of Mclaren, Jaguar, ******, Minardi and Williams basicly all the teams that have a ford engine or can beat ferrari and will this year and why are you guys supporting ferrari they declined to a Ford buy our who the hell would do that!
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 23:47   #6 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Oath
Sounds like another boring year ahead of us for F1.
thats why i abandoned last years season and will so until they get rid of all the technological crap (2006?). These are supposed to be the elite drivers of motorsport, yeah sure with auto trannys, software driven clutch, traction control and other things such as the pit crewbeing able to "fix" and probs with the car while it is on the track. Why not next year they go to becoming r/c cars? I am sorry but even if Holden dominate the V8's i'll still watch it as we see (mostly) drivers that drive a real car.
Old 02-13-2003, 00:08   #7 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

It's the HRT of F1
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 14:16   #8 (permalink)

heard on the wireless.
apparently in a second session he rebroke his record. this is bad news for anyone in F1 that doesnt barrack for ferrari. the rules this year were supposed to "slow" the cars a little...... so much for that idea.
yawn.........
tx3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe