Ford forums fix to the motor sport program - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2002, 10:06   #1 (permalink)

Ford forums fix to the motor sport program

Ok what are we going to do to fix this. ( no bringing the Holden team backwards)
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2002, 12:16   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Original AU Aero kit. 50mm increased track in the front. There's a start..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 14:49   #3 (permalink)

Stop The first 3 place getters form testing
Out side the top 10 unlimited testing or what ever their budget can stand
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 15:03   #4 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

How about we sponsor a team and bring in some outside con******ts from the US. I can volunteer my time and engine experience. I know several other aftermarket tuners here in the states that can do this as well that owe me some favors.

hehe

yea I know being a smart ass.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 16:24   #5 (permalink)

You got a few spare million have you John???!!! That would be the ultimate a FF sponsered team.....

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 18:31   #6 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

I say that we all donate and become our own team.

I wish i had a few million to spare. You know that if you guys would just send me the lottery numbers since you are a day ahead of me. hint hint...
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 20:30   #7 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

If there was no HRT the racing would be fantastic, they have increased their margin over everybody.

I know how down the Ford people would be but what about fellow Holden teams how would they be feeling.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 21:02   #8 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

I dunno, 3 different Holden teams other than HRT scored podium finishes.
Old 03-18-2002, 21:19   #9 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Yeah but apart from Murphy( bascally HRT) in the 2nd race no other Holden had a chance of beating HRT on straight out pace.
You would have seen how easy Bright was cutting his way through the field in the 2nd race, nobody could keep either of the HRT cars behind them for more than 1 lap.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 21:23   #10 (permalink)
BOF

How about AVESCO putting some cash back into the sport along with perhaps Ford and Holden and getting the cars looked at by independent Engineers to find out if true parity exists and if not then what needs to be fixed. I remember reading an article in Auto Action a while back and the guy who was some drag car rear suspension guru could not beleive how much better the rear of the Holden was compared to the Fords, he said it would really effect drive out of corners, note this was a Homogolated part nothing to do with the actual road cars themselves. The other thing was I thought the engine had to be moved lower in the VT's from the VS's as the bonnet on the VT's would not allow for the airbox to fit, lower centre of gravity for the engine and the gearbox!! Everyone knows in go Karts if you can increase the track of your front wheels it greatly increases your grip around corners, I beleive the Dunnydore has a wider track than the AU, which is also going to help carry the speed through to corners then onto the straight!

So with a far better rear end, lower centre of gravity and a wider track, is it any wonder we are not winning on the track?
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe