Ford Forums banner

Ford and Lowndes

5K views 40 replies 27 participants last post by  Xtreme F6 
#1 ·
What is the go with Ford and Lowndes.

Three new teams since he has been with Ford and none of them teams in a position to challenge for the championship.

I won't blame Lowndes if he goes back to Holden after his contract is up, he is wasting his awesome talent at Ford.

As one of the highest paid Ford drivers, Lowndes should be in a team where he can use his talents to there full protential.

Awesome drive by Lowndes today in the Clipsal 500, if his car had made it to the end he would have been in a good track position for tomorrows race.

Yes I know FPR are a new team and they need time to develop, but if 888 racing can make their cars go that fast ( Max quickest lap today ) in less than a year, with more than likely less finance than FPR, what is FPR problem?

#4 ·
Maybe after all those years driving a Holden he is used to going slow!

I certainly agree with what you are saying. It's very frustrating to see a driver as good as him go to waste.

If he goes back to driving a Holden, I couldn't see him wanting to drive for HRT again though and when it comes down to it, Kmart racing is the only one out in front of the Holden teams.

Max Wilson might have been fast but where did he finish?

#5 ·
Wanna rethink your comment????
Not at all, All I am saying is Lowndes is one of Fords best talents and Ford need to put him in a team where he can use that talent to it full.

Using all his talent to fight his way into the top 10, only to have the car let him down is hardly what he deserves.

How many other teams out there have problems with their motors blowing?

I was only using the Max Wilson example of how quickly 888 have got there cars up to speed, and as far as I know none of their engines blew.

#7 ·
Lowndes wouldn't go back to HRT while Skaife is there. The way Skaife worked it so the team was more focused on him resulted in Lowndes' falling out with them. He should consider moving to another Ford team. Even DJR and 888 racing would be a better move than staying with FPR. If he could move into SBR alongside Ambrose, that would be even better, or SBR expand into 4 cars and keep Ingall and recruit another driver.

#13 ·
Lowndes hasn't been shown any respect by Ford.

He's obviously one of the best drivers (if not The Best) out there and he's been given an inferior car for 4 years!

I can understand Ford's reasoning to try and build a team around their star driver and make a marketable product out of it - but it didn't work for Gibson Motorsport, 00 or FRP, - so it's about time they tried a different tack - put their best driver in the best car available - pour more money into SBR and field another car or do a deal with another team to put a better engine in the FPR cars (look at what happened to the Orrcon cars) - there's a lot Ford could have done to not waste the asset they had in Lowndes - I think if they keep treating him like a second class driver, and giving him second class equipment, he'll move back to Holden, or lose the fire he once had. I'd much rather see a 'Lowndes to SBR in 2005' headline than a "I'm glad to be back at Holden, Ford treated me like poo" headline.

#14 ·
If Lowndes is that good he can show us !! that car might be a little off the pace but if hes so good let him show it, there is only one driver thats good at the moment and thats Ambrose, I think Ford should get together all the teams that they are putting money into, and have a good look at what Ambrose/SBR is doing and copy it,Ford are putting a lot of money into SBR so they should exchange data between teams for the good of all the Ford teams,"eg" HRT/Kmart & the others,thats what Holden do, But while the Ford teams are trying to beat each other they will never beat Holden, Getting back to Lowndes/FPR do a deal to get SBR engines and forget the Prodrive things, there got no idea how these 5L V8s work, We have the best 5LV8 builders in the world right here.John Sidney, Rob Benson and the like are the best at there game, So why the pomes think they can do better is beond me,as they said FPR will be building there own motors here soon, the pomes were a great flop at it wern't they.......

#15 ·
Bout halfway through the year they are supposed to start building their own engines in Aus. If ya look at the reasons lowndes aint winnin is a lack of grunt an alot of DNF's for engine related probs. I reckon this is their last year to get it sorted. after that they can be classed as flops.

#18 ·
damn right JC ... its Broser and FORD ..Lowndes & gonna ... gonna get better , gonna take time , gonna go away , i wish. It didn't take ol Rusty Ingaa's any time to fit in at FORD, even if it is SBR. FPV can't back sh*t they've proven that the last 2 years, i say hand-over FPV to SBR .. SBV .. then we may have something .. Seton , good driver, an ambassador in V8's, but when you need a wheelchair to walk it's time to give up the seat to young blood, Ship Lowndes to whereever, Id like to see Mark Winterbottom and Owen Kelly at the FPV wheels.

#20 ·
JC said:
Who cares about Lowndes & Ford. We have Ambrose & Ford - a partnership made in heaven!

FPR will come good once they take their engine building in-house (and once they lose Seto)
Now here's a well thought comment, you have to be joking right,we cant allway's rely on one team,and you are right FPR will come good but so will Seto, soon as the team does,there's nothing wrong with Seto, he can drive, it's the team that his posistion's are reflecting from, just like Lowndes.

#21 ·
Who cares about Lowndes & Ford. We have Ambrose & Ford
And if the performance of Ambrose drops off, or the other holden teams pick up the pace will you still follow Ambrose, or will you start following the next best Ford Driver / team otherwise know as a bandwagoner.

Do you support a diffrent football team according to who is winning the most?

Did you follow Ambrose in his first year at SBR when he was strugling in the AU?

The fact is people do follow drivers and not just jump from one winning team to another.

And I think you will find there is alot of people that care about Lowndes and Ford.

#22 ·
considering that FPR have NOT had a single test session this year, i think they're doing the best they can. their new HQ and workshop is complete, and midseason they'll be assembling the engines there instead of shipping them in from europe.

combine that with some serious testing time and i think they'll soon be competitive.

#24 ·
Yellow Fire said:
As much as I hate to say it I agree that Lowndes has had a raw deal from Ford. So far Gibson, 00 & FPR have let him down.

There's only so many times Ford can say "this is a building year" before the drivers lose interest.
^^ What he said^^

Ford has totally mis-managed Lowndsey's swap from Holden. The current FPR setup taking over GSR should have happened right from day 1. Where are we now? The beginning of year 4 out of a 5 year contract between Lowndesy and Ford and we still have his team building up?? The Gibson/00 setup, which was a house of cards, was hastily thrown together and don't get me started on the FTR/GSR debacle.

FPR have to start kicking goals NOW!!

#25 ·
May be some of you have a packet of instant "WIN" that you can share with FPR becasue it seems that's all it takes.

It took HRT 4 season to win a chapionship, it took Ambrose 4 seasons to win his first. But FPR must do it in 14 rounds?

No one noticed that both Craig and Glenn were running top ten? Obviously the car speed is there, just unreliable.

#26 ·
The issue here is not just FPR, they went ok last year Lowndes 5th in the championship and 2nd at bathurst.

The issue is how Ford have handled the Lowndes situation right from the start, 3 new teams in 4 years and to make a team compeditive takes time.

Hence Lowndes has spent 3 years of his 5 year ford contract, in cars that were not in the position to challenge for the championship.

And he looks like he might be in his 4th.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.