Ford Forums banner

Ford/McRae gets ripped off at Rally Australia!

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Cobra 
#1 ·
McRae's chance of clinching the world driver's championship was dealt a knockout blow by a steward who deemed Colin McRae illegible to choose his position on the road. This in effect meant McRae would be first out on the road, a disadvantage as it would mean that he would have to pay "road sweeper" (clearing the gravel for the driver's after him).

Ford played a bit of tactics and made Francois Delecour go out first (delibrately checking in first ahead of Colin so he could be first out...even though Delecour was not happy about it) but during the stage, Delecour had to hit a tree, injuring his navigator who had to be air-lifted to hospital.

In the end, McRae finished fifth ahead of Makinnen with Carlos Sainz down in eigth position.

With Peugoet's strong performance on the last two tarmac rallies and claiming 3 of the top 4 positions in Perth, they've moved ahead of Ford for manufacturer's championship (on 90 points with Ford on 86).

Richard Burns of Subaru was the big winner of Rally Australia. Finishing second took his total up to 40 points, just one behind Tommi and two behind championship leader Colin McRae.
Incidently, the final round (Rally of Great Britian) is Burn's favorite since he comes from Britian. Since this is also Colin's home rally, it should be very interesting to see who comes out on top!

Colin had better win or I'm going to hunt down that steward in Perth and dish him a big fist burger :angry:

See less See more
#2 ·
too right rally man. Make sure you leave a few teeth for me to knock out!:fmad: :crazy2:
hell end up looking like that:dead: when i finsihed with him.

#3 ·
Ford started off the year so sh!t when tommi won the first 3 rounds then ford won the next 3 rounds and were right on ther money. Ford stayed consistant with sainz and mcrae and I just knew this was our year. Afgter rally Australia I dont know. if colin wins he wins the drivers championship and if sainz can be in the top 4 or 4 thats would ensure ford wins the manufacturers title too. boy do i hope so!

#6 ·
Are Rally Australia stewards trained in the AVESCO school of Ford hating??:s6:

#8 ·
HSE2: I asked the same question, mymate has Foxtel and he said he's never seen live coverage on Foxtel of Rally. i'll have to have a look in the Foxtel TV guide though to double check.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.