Ford stars and Cars in Newcastle - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2003, 06:34   #1 (permalink)
It finally arrived May'03

Thumbs up Ford stars and Cars in Newcastle

Just brief note to say what a great night Stars and Cars was in Newcastle tonight.

Well done the organisers and sponsors for putting on such a unique event for all the blue oval supporters!

The merchandise trailers were busy all night and Iam sure quite a few textas ran out at the driver autograph tables. The lines were still there well after the 9.30pm finish.

What did other people think of the night ( if you were in attendance) ?
MercSilvXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2003, 16:32   #2 (permalink)

Gee my feet were sore though.

Lack of patience cost me some prized autographs.

But was a terrific night.

FPR merchandise must have been popular, sold out of my size in everything.
AUIIXpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 17:18   #3 (permalink)
Team Galaxy Try Hard

I was lucky enough to get their early (6pm), grabbed lowndes for a photo, got FPV and Stone's autographs before the lines really started.

phew.
Great night though

I couldn't find the Tickford Club of NSW stand!
Nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 17:40   #4 (permalink)
Ford Parts Interpretor

On behalf of Kloster Ford, a big thanks to everyone who came along for a great night. Thanks too to DK who helped with posting details on the forum to let all you guys know about it, in case you missed the TV and Radio ads. The event was very well attended. For the ols school fans the local GT club put on an awsome display with one of every model GT from XR to BA on display as well as XC Cobra, a John Goss special and a very wild XH ute.

Drivers who attended included Seton, Lowndes, Besnard, Ingall, Ambrose, Johnson, Wilson, Jones, Bowe, Ellery, Thexton and among the V8 race cars there included the Orrcon car, Max Wilsons Helix car, The super cheap car, Pirtek #4 and Caltex #9 cars. Plus 6 transporters and 2 merchandise trailers all indoors.

For anyone who spoke to the drivers, they can confirm what a great bunch of guys the drivers were, they signed everything put infront of them and posed for thousands of photo's. All the photo's I took (not posed for) show the drivers with huge smiles and that reflected the mood of the whole show. The drivers showed a genuine interest in the event and the people who came there to see them.

I have some pics for the guys who couldnt make it. PM me if someone would be good enough to host them.

Thanks again
Adrian
"ADZ351"
Kloster Ford
Old 04-30-2003, 18:19   #5 (permalink)
Magna Owner & Proud of it

Jason Bargwanna was there, as was Mark Noske.

And I think evening MC Grant Denyer was chuffed to have finally found someone shorter than him in Max Wilson :-)

Good fun to see SBR boss Ross Stone as a merchandise salesperson for the evening in the new trailer too

Congrats Adrian & Klosters, it was a good event.
Old 04-30-2003, 23:17   #6 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I am uploading some images now, I have a very slow connection speed at the moment so it could take a while, probably be more batches after the first one I am uploading now if my modem is up to it

Modem has decided to work at a humain speed of greater than 0.19k/s pics will be up faster afterall. :s6:
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 23:27   #7 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

ADZ351 - if you want to send thru another batch of about the same size - i still have plenty of storage space left
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 02:12   #8 (permalink)

nice photos
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 07:01   #9 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

I like this one:

The one on the left ....
Old 05-01-2003, 16:07   #10 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

I will be very happy with the yukky brunette next to her

Great PR by Kloster's and Ford........

Now why doesn't a Sydney dlrship catch onto this ?
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe