Fords bad luck - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2002, 17:14   #1 (permalink)
AU XR6HP Owner

Fords bad luck

Why is it that us Fords have to have bad luck all the time.
The holdens always seem to avoid chaos and never have engine troubles.
Some examples are Canberra where lowndes was penalised and bathurst in 1999 when the rat was leading for the most of the race and then hit a backmarker commodore.
Looking at the statistics for the Gold Coast track the fords have one there every year since 1993 with the exception of 1997 and 2001 but now that it is a part of the championship i will garuntee that the Fords will find some way of stuffing it up and let the damn HRT cars win.
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2002, 17:19   #2 (permalink)

I think AU_Steve summed it up in another thread that most of the Ford guys are driving at 110% where as Skaife is only doing about 90%, therefore things break and people tend to f**k up more when under so much pressure. Hopefully next year when both Ford and Holden have new model cars on the track and Project Blueprint is more in place things will even up more.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 20:15   #3 (permalink)
------

Dont forget Longhurst in 2000, Only nine laps left and he got belted in to the wall by the John Faulkner Commodore...

And last year, Jonesy was held up by Paul Morris all the way down Pit Straight...

'Bad Luck' my ass, Cheating Commodores, Thats what it is

At Bathurst anyway...
Old 08-05-2002, 21:20   #4 (permalink)
Australian EF XR8 Member

Number18 Cheating Commodores. Not all of them only a couple of red ones that seem to have a lot of grip out of corners.
XR8 I7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 21:21   #5 (permalink)
Crikey

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
I think AU_Steve summed it up in another thread that most of the Ford guys are driving at 110% where as Skaife is only doing about 90%, therefore things break and people tend to f**k up more when under so much pressure. Hopefully next year when both Ford and Holden have new model cars on the track and Project Blueprint is more in place things will even up more.
This may be so and that could account for some of the Ford carnage, but I don't see the non HRT Commodores taking themselves out or having problems, and I'm assuming that they are also driving at 110% to keep up with HRT.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 22:12   #6 (permalink)
AU XR6HP Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by NumberEighteen
Dont forget Longhurst in 2000, Only nine laps left and he got belted in to the wall by the John Faulkner Commodore...

And last year, Jonesy was held up by Paul Morris all the way down Pit Straight...

'Bad Luck' my ass, Cheating Commodores, Thats what it is

At Bathurst anyway...

1996 when seton's car gave up on him nine laps from the end at bathurst

1987 i think it was when the texaco sierra's won at bathurst but they were rulled inelligable giving the race to the holdens.

Johnson denied victory in 1980 when a holden supporter threw a rock onto the track

these are just a few of the hundreds of examples when holden have gotten victory due to our bad luck or misfortune.
Old 08-05-2002, 23:26   #7 (permalink)
------

Quote:
Originally posted by XR8 I7
Number18 Cheating Commodores. Not all of them only a couple of red ones that seem to have a lot of grip out of corners.
I wonder how those red commodores do it?

'Hard work and determination' they say..

*Cough, Cough* Bullshit!
Old 08-06-2002, 01:05   #8 (permalink)
goooone

what about when DJ lost to a parked Nissan
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 01:12   #9 (permalink)
Manual Man

That sucked :btonge: How about the reaction afterwards, I can still remeber how pissed off Jim Richards was when they chanted 'we want Dick'. But all jokes aside, I know what you guys mean, Fords just don't seem to have any good luck :bwhoa3: What about the last few Bathursts. Holden didn't win them, we lost them or gave them away.
Old 08-06-2002, 01:20   #10 (permalink)
Crikey

Quote:
Originally posted by robluvsxr8s
That sucked :btonge: How about the reaction afterwards, I can still remeber how pissed off Jim Richards was when they chanted 'we want Dick'. But all jokes aside, I know what you guys mean, Fords just don't seem to have any good luck :bwhoa3: What about the last few Bathursts. Holden didn't win them, we lost them or gave them away.

No we lost them because we were not good enough, either driver error (like overtaking slower cars in silly positions, speeding in clearly dangerous weather), mechanical failure, poor pit managament or race strategy.

And the QLD 500 went to the DJ team last year with Radisich stuck in the sand. What goes around, comes around guys. Lets be fair about this.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe