Ford Forums banner

FPR Question

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  redhotxr8 
#1 ·
As far as I know FPR brought the Seton Franchise, which Seton was using to run a one car team.

How then can FPR run three cars, are you allowed to run three cars per franchise, or do FPR have 2 franchises?

Sorry if this has been explanined before, but I can't seem to find any mention of it

Thankx

#2 ·
They are leasing an L2 franchise from another team for 2003, from Rod Nash Racing.

The mess with that is that if all 3 cars test, because FPR use 2 franchises to run the 3 cars, and are one entity, 2 test days get burned up out of their allocation of 8 for each physical day of testing.

#3 ·
Thankx GTRMagic

So if all the cars test on their test days they will only have half the amount of test days as the other teams.

Will be better when they get the three BA's onboard.

#4 ·
That would be right, although the last FPR test saw only 2 cars run, with Seton's AU being repaired, so the 3 drivers used Lowndes' BA, and Besnard's AU for the single day.

Having BA's makes the situation worse, at least the AU's have been tested extensively over the last 4 and a bit years

#5 ·
GTR, it is interesting you say the reason FPR left Glenn's car in the workshop was becuase it was getting repaired???? Repaired from what??? I thought it was becuase of the 2 car only testing rule & that FPR did not want to lose 2 test days in 1 day????

I'm still amazed at how much you know!!!!!!

#6 ·
What if they tested 4 cars later in the year, is that still only 2 days? I'm thinking the 3 BA's when built, plus testing co-drivers for the long distance races.
Actually, would it be an idea to seperate Cat Racing from FPR & Ford Credit like KMart/HRT? Would that help with the allowed number of test days?

#7 ·
Im not sure why Seton's car was being repaired, maybe its FPR talk for a reason to leave it behind and not lose a day?? What I would not be sure of is if the car ran as #5 or #19, as the franchises are different, Besnard's being the RNR one which is the cause of this problem....

They cant run 4 cars on the circuit at the one time unless the team has 4 franchises of any type (i.e. L1, L2 or L3).

Similarly, the cars in testing need to run on the ex-race tyres marked for that particular car, so if car #19 runs, it must run rubber marked as #19... if a new car runs, it normally has to assume the race # of the old car, but normally cant run on the same day as the old car.

SBR originally tested Marcos' car as #9 as the tyrebank was better for that car, which is allowable in the same franchise licence apparently

Another team earlier this season ran 2 cars on the circuit with the same race number, which at the time complied with the rules. This has now since been tightened up such that one car number can be on the circuit at any one time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.